ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Summer is Coming!! Are You Ready to Make it The Best?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With the semester winding down and the weather, slowly but surely, getting warmer, it seems summer is even closer than we thought. This will, arguably, be the first summer where covid restrictions are almost totally lifted so now that life is finally starting to feel a little bit more normal, here are some fun things to do and look forward to!

1. Shawn Mendes Concert – On August 2, 2022 Shawn Mendes will be performing at Wells Fargo Center. That’s right!!! Concerts are back!! Artists are making a return to the stage and we cannot be more excited. Mendes will be touring this summer and going to his show is a great way to get back into live performances. If Mendes isn’t the one for you, consider looking for more shows around you. There are tons of local shows just calling out for an audience and keeping an open mind (and open ears) could be your ticket to a new and exciting experience. 
  2. Harry Styles’ New Album “Harry’s House” – The moment we have all been waiting for. New Harry Styles music. After being forced to push his tour back due to the pandemic, fans have wondered whether or not he was creating new music during the lockdown. Lo and behold, the truth is out and the new album will be too, on May 20th. Check out his new single, “As It Was” for a tease of what’s to come and kick off your summer with a new, fresh sound.
  3. Moshulu – This awesome restaurant located along the river in Philadelphia, has the most beautiful scenery — perfect for date night or a night out with friends. With indoor dining restaurants opening back up, there are so many more opportunities to enjoy a great meal the way we know and love. Moshulu, in particular, has all the aspects for a perfect night. 
  4. Colorful Style – With summer on its way, it’s about time to hang up the sweats and jackets and bring out that tye dye dress you’ve been dying to wear. Bright colors and radiant patterns are more in style than ever. Summer is the time to show off your personality through fashion and, now, with places opening back up, it’s time to show it off and be yourself! 
  5. Stranger ThingsFor those really hot days where you just can’t leave your air conditioned house, no need to panic! There are still things to do and watch while staying inside. Stranger Things season four will be released in two parts this summer with part one coming out on Netflix May 27th and the second part following it on July 1st. This is the perfect show to binge watch on those too hot to handle days this summer. 

Summer is one of the best times of the year. The sun is out and everyone is eager to get outside and enjoy it. Prepare those monumental outfits and get your itinerary ready; summer is the perfect time for you to get out there and shine.

Kaitlyn Hoey

Temple '22

I am currently a senior journalism major at Temple University. I love writing and listening to new music and binging new shows.