This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Looking for good content but don’t have the time to scroll? No worries! Here are some “Top 10” Netflix recs to help you unwind!

Now that classes have begun, many students have found themselves dedicating a majority of their time to their tight schedules. When finally greeted with downtime, there’s one question that will inevitably arise: “what now?” Turning on a movie or television show is a great way to relax! Below are some streamed favorites and popular movie theater hits to help you figure out what to watch next.

Sex Education & Lucifer’s new seasons bumped them right to the top of Netflix’s Top 10.

1.Squid Game (Thriller/Drama): Money hungry players receive an invitation to play a haunting children’s game with deadly stakes. If you’re looking for a new series to binge, but you don’t have the time to watch multiple seasons, this nine-episode thriller is perfect for you! Korean survival-drama actors Lee Jung-jae and Park Hae-soo star as Seong Gi-hun — a chauffeur with a gambling addiction — and Cho Sang-woo — the head of an investment team turned bad boy. Both trouble-makers find themselves among 455 other “players” who are kidnapped and woken up in a dorm in which their identities are stripped to a number on their clothes. If you’ve enjoyed movies like Maze Runner or the hit series The 100, this is the show for you!

2.Sex Education (Teen/Drama): Are you into raunchy comedy? Well if you are, you might want to keep reading about this extremely raunchy, British teen-comedy starring Asa Butterfield as Otis Milburn, Gillian Anderson as Jean Milburn, and Emma Mackey as Maeve Wiley. Sex advice has always come easy for awkward Otis, what with his mother, Jean, being a notorious sex therapist. Hoping to use his knowledge for the betterment of his struggling classmates, he creates a sex therapy clinic with students from all different crowds running to him for help on how to overcome their sex troubles. Otis can only hand out information for so long before he finds himself struggling with his own dilemma — he’s caught feelings for his business partner and new friend, Maeve Wiley. The third season of Sex Education just premiered on Netflix so tune in to hear the sex drama at Mooredale Secondary School and find out what happens next!

3.Clickbait (Mystery/Crime): What happened to Nick Brewer? Those closest to Nick scurry to uncover the truth about his disappearance. Pia Brewer (played by Zoe Kazan) finds it odd that she has not heard from her brother, Nick (played by Adrian Grenier), as the two have previously touched base every day. Pia and Sophie, Nick’s wife (played by Betty Gabriel), are later shocked to see a chilling, viral video of Nick posted online. In the video, Nick holds a sign saying, “At 5 million views, I die.” Can Sophie, Pia, and the rest of the Brewer family find Nick? Will the video successfully hit 5 million views? Click on Clickbait to watch it all unfold. This miniseries is sure to have you at the edge of your seat!

4.Lucifer (Crime/Fantasy): Ever heard of the Devil falling in love with a mortal? In a strange turn of events, he does! The girl in question is Chloe Decker, an intelligent and by-the-book homicide detective. Tired of living the hellish lifestyle of the Devil, himself, Lucifer finds himself running off to LA in the hopes of reinventing himself. And what better way to do that than to run a well-known nightclub with his partner in crime, the demon Mazikeen? Before long, however, the two are successfully running a nightclub and — ironically — helping police catch criminals. Watch the devil catch devilish criminals in this six-season series starring Tom Ellis and Lauren German.

5.Safe House (Action/Adventure): From 2012, this popular film resurfaced on Netflix. Wondering why a film from so long ago is trending again? The main actors are Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington. That should say it all. In this action packed movie, as an agency safehouse falls under attack, CIA agent, Matt Weston (Ryan Reynolds), takes on the job retrieving a dangerous criminal, Tobin Frost (Denzel Washington). See what unfolds in Cape Town and turn on Safe House!

6.The Father Who Moves Mountains (Drama):  In this 2021 film starring Adrien Titieni and Elena Purea, a retired intelligence officer does the impossible to search for his missing son. After days of leaving the search in the hands of the local squad, Mircea Jianu decides to build his own search team. As ends meet, conflicts arise between Mircea’s amateur squad and the local team. If you are an art house fan or just simply love adventure dramas, this is a great choice for you!

7.Grown Ups (Comedy): If you need a laugh, here’s an hour and 42 minutes of pure giggles. Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and Kevin James make the perfect trio in this classic comedy. This 2010 hit is about five middle-aged men who reunite in mourning the loss of their middle school basketball coach. Definitely a must watch if you haven’t indulged already.

8.The Circle (Reality TV): Do you like Reality TV? Is Keeping Up with the Kardashians or The Bachelor one of your go-to shows? If your answer is yes, then this show is right up your alley! In Netflix’s take on reality television, online players catfish and flirt their way to winning $100,000. Unlike other reality shows, The Circle is quite real. Contestants are isolated from each other and have no form of contact with the outside world. Check out this real, reality series as soon as possible and watch how significant a role social media has on the climb to the top.

9.Kate (Action/Adventure): Looking for a movie with a female lead? Kate has you covered! Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays Kate — a high ranked assassin sent on a mission to kill a yakuza boss. During one of her last missions, Kate discovers that she was poisoned and only has 24 hours left to live. Within her final day, Kate makes it her own mission to avenge herself. To find out if Kate uncovers her killer, stream Kate on Netflix.

10.Intrusion (Thriller): Freida Pinto and Logan Marshall-Green star in this hour and 33 minute thriller where Meera (Freida Pinto) actively looks for answers after a horrific home invasion in her new home. Much to her surprise, Meera discovers that the invasion was just the beginning of a series of unfortunate events. Watch her uncover the truth and find out what happens to Meera, on Netflix.

Downtime may be hard to come by but it’s best you make good use of it. Reward yourself after a long and busy week with a weekend of onscreen entertainment. Just turn on Netflix, sit back, and immerse yourself in one of these recommendations — or in all of them because… well, why not? Happy watching!

Hi Everyone! My name is Carly Perlman and I am a senior here at Temple. I am a Communication Studies Major with interests in brand strategy and journalism. A few facts about myself are that I was born on St. Patty's Day and I dream of working for Disney:)