Student Profile: Stephanie Taylor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

A woman of many talents, Stephanie Taylor is a communications and media studies major from Philadelphia, PA, where she also works and maintains her hobbies. Now, as a senior, even with so much already on her plate, Taylor has decided to run her own business.

I know what you’re probably thinking: how does she handle her work load? I was wondering how this girl boss could balance so many different tasks, so I figured I’d ask her.

How did you come up with the idea of TailorFit LLC?

Taylor: My junior year at Temple, I was a full-time supervisor at Starbucks and I had a full-time course load. I only had time to wash a small load of clothes that were primarily work clothes. I decided to start a service that allows students to take care of things that really matter while TFL takes care of the rest.

What is your company’s mission?

Taylor: TailorFit Laundry LLC’s mission is to provide a convenient and affordable service to individuals who have too many things to do with not enough time.

What exactly does your mobile laundry service do?

Taylor: TailorFit Laundry is a mobile laundry service serving Temple Students. We pick up/drop off, wash and fold. It’s all inclusive so the only thing a student has to worry about is coming to the door.

How did you come up with the name of your business, TailorFit Laundry?

Taylor: I wanted to tie in my name somehow without losing the meaning of my business. I also wanted to tie in my name, but at the same time I wanted it to stand out. So, clothes are tailored to fit you or they are supposed to be, so I came up with the name with the idea of my name, clothes are tailored to fit you and it’s a mobile laundry service.

How do you handle your school, work and your business workload, as well as your personal life?

Taylor: I just plan everything accordingly. I make sure I dedicate at least half of my day to TailorFit Laundry. Tailorfit Laundry is available for service Friday through Sunday so that I can focus on school work and my job during the week. Although, I am available for anyone who needs to contact me 24/7.

How do you believe your business is doing so far – have you had any major accomplishments you’re proud of?

Taylor: It is exciting because it grows every week and it is gaining awareness, and yes! I have hired a brand ambassador and received a grant from Fox School of Business.

Who do you seek advice from on business matters as well as personal matters?

Taylor: I talk to my close friends Dezzera, Alexis and Kevin. They are very supportive and that is why they are the first people I go to. It is always great to have a strong support system. I seek business advice from my friend Dezzera who is a business owner of HairBy Rae LLC. She helps me with networking advice and all things to run a successful business. She taught me how to step out of my comfort zone.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Taylor: I see myself expanding my business. [to not only] Temple students, but residential areas, as well as starting a non-profit for inner city families and children and a storefront on Temple’s Campus.

Just remember if you’re sick of doing laundry, you can contact Stephanie Taylor and keep up with all her company updates and coupons by following her on Instagram @TailorFitLaundry, by liking her Facebook page @Tailorfitlaundry1 or by following her on twitter @TFLaundry. Taylor even has her own website, tailorfitlaundry.com.

*responses have been edited for length and clarity *

I am a communications and media studies major as well as a senior at Temple University. I host a podcast called Confidence Brings Success and love to write on my spare time! I am fun, outgoing, creative and love to laugh! IG: @Atomicalexis_ IG: @confidencebringsuccess website: https://thelifeofmeunseen.wixsite.com/website