Style > Fashion

Spring Styles and the In Between Weather 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As Puxatony Phil told us a few weeks ago, there is going to be an early spring for the first time since 2020. However, here in Philadelphia, we’re still going from a blizzard and canceled classes on a Tuesday to sunny and warm temperatures later that same week — sometimes even later that same day. These in-between temperatures can make it difficult to choose an outfit for the day or season. You might be wondering what you’re supposed to wear and where you’re supposed to shop. Well, I’ve got you covered.   

For starters, we need some good basics to keep in the closet for these fluctuating temperatures. The Out From Under BouncePlush Chloe Button-Up Top from Urban Outfitters is the perfect light long-sleeve top for me to pair with either a pair of ripped jeans, if it’s a little sunny out, or leggings and a puffer jacket, if there is still snow on the ground. The Soft Smoothing Seamless long sleeve from Skims is also my favorite basic to have on hand. It can be worn plain, under a dress or overalls for those warmer days, or layered under a hoodie or puffer for those colder temperatures.    

Another basic I keep in my closet during these changing seasons is a good pair of leggings. My favorite leggings — of all time — are the Lululemon Align High Rise Pant. They are expensive, but, in my opinion, they are worth it. They are so comfortable and form-fitting and can make you feel your best even when you are having a bad outfit day. However, the price is hard for many to justify buying, so a great alternative is the Aerie Real Me High Waisted Legging. There are also plenty of dupes on Amazon, such as the Hey Nuts Leggings, which mirror that soft, buttery feel of the Lululemon ones.   

Another great thing to have for the cold spring days is a good pair of jeans. The Ultra High Rise 90s Straight Jean is a great, full-coverage jean for these colder days. When I pair them with a sweater and some Uggs, it can be the perfect outfit for when it is too cold to wear ripped jeans. They are also great for those warmer days. Instead of wearing a sweater, I will match them with a simple t-shirt or even a cropped sweater, if it is still a little chilly. Jeans are a great basic, especially black or dark blue since they match almost any type of top; they are also versatile and can be worn on multiple occasions.   

Overall, I think we are all struggling to not wear sweatpants and sweatshirts to class every day, especially when we wake up to 30-degree weather one day and 50-degree weather the next. Hopefully, these basics will help you keep your outfits fresh and transformative for these changing temperatures.   

I am a sophomore communications major at Temple University with a minor in Criminal Justice. I currently write for the Fashion and Beauty section of Her Campus Temple!