Flowers Florist
Flowers Florist
Alex Frank / Spoon

Spring has sprung. Now what?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s soon to be that time (Punxsutawney Phil said so himself). The sun is shining and does not set unbearably early, and everyone is just in a happier mood. Spring break has officially begun. However, you’re in a sticky situation, because it’s not warm enough to go to the beach yet, and you’re not on your way to Jamaica for vacation. Wondering what to do to keep your spring break super fun? Here are some events going on in Philly to check out!

The Cherry Blossom Festival:

Starting April 6th to the 14th at Fairmount Park, the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival will be taking place. Grab some friends and enjoy the beautiful scenery, because these gorgeous trees are mesmerizing and breathtaking. Appreciate the wonderful April weather, and take a walk through this amazing festival!

The Philadelphia Science Festival:

This event will take place from the end of April to the beginning of May at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. It’s fun for everyone, including little kids who can participate in hands-on activities, and receive free museum passes. There will also be tons of cool experiments that will make young children feel like a real-life mad scientist. This is a great opportunity for little kids to have fun and learn simultaneously!

The Delaware River Waterfront:

The waterfront is known to be fun year-round, even during the cold, winter months because of their Blue Cross ice-skating rink. When spring arrives, the ice-skating rink turns into a fun roller rink. Plus, they have amazing food and drinks that you won’t want to miss. Warm up with some hot chocolate in the winter and refreshing lemonade in the spring. Whatever you choose, make sure to spend a few moments looking at the incredible view.

The Chinese Lantern Festival:

Starting May 1st, you can experience the magic of the annual Chinese Lantern Festival, taking place in Franklin Square. The works of these handcrafted lights are so impressive, it will take your breath away. There will also be new creative displays added to the collection, so it is definitely worth going even if you have been before. 

Philly Tech Week:

From May 1st through the 9th, Philly will be hosting its annual tech week. Many business leaders from around the area will participate in workshops involving new innovative technology. Open your eyes to crazy, new inventions that include this generation’s newest forms of technology. Who knows, it may get you inspired to invent something of your own. Who doesn’t want to be a millionaire, am I right?

Justin Timberlake Concert: 

Got some Christmas money, but don’t know what to spend it on? Why not splurge on some Timberlake concert tickets! He will be performing at the Wells Fargo Center on April 9th, and you won’t want to miss it. C’mon it’s Justin Timberlake, why miss such a great show? 

Mariah Carey Concert:

Mariah Carey will be performing at The Met on April 3rd. I repeat. April 3rd. Tickets are on sale now, and make sure to get them fast, because everyone will want a chance to see the iconic diva. 

Hopefully, these ideas will inspire you to experience all that Philly has to offer. These events are definitely making me look forward to spring. I think I’m most excited for the sunshine and cute, warm-weather outfits. Not to mention the Justin Timberlake concert, which you can definitely count on me being there!

Hi! I am a senior marketing major at Temple University! I have been a part of Her Campus Temple for three years now and it has furthered my passion for writing and creative content!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!