Sitcom, Reality, or Drama – What Will You Watch this Fall?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

A new season is upon us, but it’s not what you think. Fall means the new season of TV shows has started, and all feels right with the world again! We get to see our favorite characters and shows put out all new content and there is nothing like watching them for the first time!

Here are some shows that you may see on your TV in the coming weeks:

1. Dancing with the Stars – Mondays and Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC

The stars and their partners had their first dance on September 18th. Former pros Cheryl Burke and Mark Ballas returned for the 25th season and are ready to compete for Mirrorball number 3! Among the cast are violinist Lindsey Stirling, actor Frankie Muniz, and boybander Nick Lachey.

2. Fuller House – Netflix

Still Olsen twin-less, season 3 will have the OG cast in hilarious and embarrassing situations. You can binge-watch the entire season when on Netflix now!

3. The Big Bang Theory – Mondays at 8/7c on CBS

Jim Parsons and the cast return on September 25th for Season 11! Sheldon’s future and past will be revealed! See what Amy’s answer is to his proposal, and more.

A spinoff of The Big Bang Theory titled Young Sheldon will premiere on November 2nd.

4. Kevin Can Wait – Mondays at 9/8c on CBS

After high ratings from season 1’s finale with former co-star Leah Remini, Kevin James is now joined by her full time! Doug and Carrie are back together again, but some may not be happy with how it happens. Tune in on September 25th to see how it all plays out!

5. This Is Us – Tuesdays at 9/8c on NBC

After a high rated first season, the cast returns on September 26th. They are still bringing the tears, but the producers are also promising laughter.

6. Modern Family – Wednesdays at 9/8c on ABC

Entering its ninth season of Modern Family, The Dunphys and the Pritchett-Tuckers go on a family vacation, but with this family, we know something is bound to go wrong. Find out what happens, and watch the solar eclipse with them again on September 27th.

7. Will and Grace – Thursdays at 9/8c on NBC

Will, Grace, Karen, and Jack are back! After many years off the air, this sitcom is coming to our TV sets again for season 9! Tune in on September 28th at 9 p.m. to relive your childhood!

8. How to Get Away with Murder – Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC

Season 4 will pick up after Wes’ death, and the characters will be reevaluating their lives since it happened. Catch this award-winning series on September 28th at 10 p.m.

9. The Simpsons – Sundays at 8/7c on FOX

Entering the 29th season on October 1st (yes you read that right), The Simpsons are still going strong. This season, there will be a Game of Thrones-centric episode, and Ed Sheeran makes and appearance as Brendan, Lisa’s love interest.

10. The Middle – Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC

Entering its final season, The Middle is promising to leave fans happy. On October 3rd, fans will see Axl with a man bun, and the rest of the Hecks struggling with home maintenance and life.

11. Once Upon a Time – Fridays at 8/7c on ABC

Not only is Once moving to a new town, but they are also moving to a new night. Oncers can now catch this drama on Fridays instead of Sunday nights. Season 7 will be rebooted and will feature Regina, Rumple, Hook, and (grown up) Henry. After Jennifer Morrison’s (Emma Swan) departure, the show had to take a different turn. Other original characters will make guests appearances. Follow these fairytales starting on October 6th.

12. Riverdale – Wednesdays at 8/7c on The CW

Following the Archie comics, Riverdale features Cole Sprouse as Jughead. The rest of the cast is also returning for its second season. Although it is a spinoff of the comics, Riverdale is definitely more adult-oriented. The second season premieres on October 11th.

13. The Walking Dead – Sundays at 9/8c on AMC

Although many of the OG cast members may be gone, the remaining characters on The Walking Dead are still trying to escape the zombie apocalypse and fight off Negan. Tune in on October 22nd to see how the 8th season unfolds.

14. Stranger Things – Netflix

This Netflix drama will return for its highly-anticipated second season on October 27th. Just in time for Halloween!

Which shows will you be watching?