Sabrina Carpenter Brings Her Singular Tour to Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Disney Channel alum and pop vocalist, Sabrina Carpenter, brought her Singular Tour to the Theater of Living Arts (TLA) in Philadelphia on Wednesday, March 6th. 

Carpenter is known for her role as Maya on Disney’s Girl Meets World and having 3 studio albums: Eyes Wide Open, EVOLution, and Singular Act I.

She was born and raised in Lehigh Valley, PA not too far from Philadelphia. Every time she comes to Philly, she considers it her hometown. It’s always fun and exciting for the fans when artists come back to their hometown for a show. This is the third time that I’ve seen Sabrina live and she never disappoints.

Anxious fans waited out in the cold for the doors of the TLA to open. Slowly but surely, the line begins to move and everyone rushes to get their spot in the front. I stand my ground closer to the back.

At 7:30, Maggie Lindemann, the opener of the show, makes her way onto the stage. Her song Pretty Girl – Cheat Codes Remix has over 500 million streams on Spotify. Other songs she sang were Obsessed and Human. She was a good choice to open for Sabrina because she could really get the crowd amped up with her upbeat songs

After about a 15-minute intermission, the lights dim. The concert begins with a 60-second countdown. The music of her hit song, Almost Love, begins to play. It was hard for me to see the beginning because I would consider myself pretty short and there were some tall people in front of me. Also, I did have a constructed view because of how many people decided to record on their phones and hand to put them high in the air. Standing in a pit really makes you wish you were a bit taller. Luckily, I did get some good photos for my social media accounts.

Carpenter sang one of her popular songs, Diamonds Are Forever, then went straight into singing a beautiful cover of Diamonds by Rihanna.

My favorite song she sang live was either Hold Tight or Pushin’ 20, which was just released on Friday, March 8th, 2019.

She also sang songs from her second studio album including the hit song, Thumbs, On Purpose and All We Have Is Love, which fans held small cut out hearts over their flashlights of their phones. They were passed out before the start of the show.Carpenter also admitted during the show that she did not have the chance to get to Wawa; you could tell she was pretty bummed! She also told the crowd that she is working on Singular Act II, which should be released soon. Since I saw Sabrina on her last two tours, there’s no way I’m gonna miss out on the next time she comes to Philadelphia.

Ashley is a senior journalism major at Temple University. She loves music, concerts, and celebrities. She loves to write all things fashion, lifestyle, and pop culture! Instagram: ashleygale23