This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With all that is going on in the world today, there is one thing we can all agree on: we’re running out of things to watch! While many are choosing to rewatch the classics like “Gossip Girl,” “Vampire Diaries,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” etc., I chose to take advantage of the new time on my hands by watching something a little more out of my element, a show about Nazi hunters. 

“Hunters” is a new series released by Amazon Prime following the “end” of WW2 and is based (loosely) on the truth of escaped Nazi’s taking up residence in America. You don’t have to watch more than the first few minutes of episode one to realize the show is not only brutal, but also captivating in the way it unravels the story. The idea of Nazis alone is almost hard to fathom based on how far we’ve come since the time of the Third Reich and to think of them as neighbors, politicians or even family members is almost sickening. This show uncovers the harsh truth of what America allowed to slip through the cracks and the lengths at which a select few went to seek justice for fallen friends. 

Many things are going on at once in this series. It incorporates flashbacks and different character points of view to relay the story from a number of angles. This method really proved to give the show a stronger presence in terms of how it reached almost every type of viewer, whether they be a child, a student, a grandfather, etc. I particularly loved this aspect of the show. I also appreciated that the series highlighted other issues of the time period including homophobia and racism.

In general, I have always believed there is a lack of education about World War 2. We learn about it for a couple of days in our history class and then we’re on to the next topic. Many people are unaware of the real horrors that went on during this time, and to see a show drawing attention to this was very pleasing and very bold. From season one, the show has really dived deep into the madness that really drove the Holocaust to the lines that it crossed. Not to mention the incredible members of the cast they recruited to help develop the story including Logan Lerman, Al Pacino, and Josh Radnor — their performances bring real life to the story being told.

Overall, “Hunters” is absolutely a must-watch for this quarantine season! If you’re in the mood for something new and you have Amazon Prime, please give this show a watch — you won’t be disappointed! 

Shannon is a Sophomore at Temple University in the Fox School of Business. She is writer for Temple's chapter of Her Campus, a lover of all things Pinterest related, and an avid online shopper. When she's not in class you can find her either curled up rewatching Vampire Diaries for the 100th time or on her laptop scrolling through Pinterest pages!
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.