This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Is there a Pitch Perfect baby?

Pitch Perfect star, Rebel Wilson shocked the world with news of her welcoming a child into her life. The Australian actress and her girlfriend, Ramona Agruma, announced this on their social media channels on November 7th, 2022. Wilson has been huge in the public eye, coming from her weight loss to her coming out-girlfriend reveal all in one post on July 9th. To the shock of Hollywood, Wilson posted a beautifully simple picture of the newborn with the caption stating, “Beyond proud to announce the birth of my first child, Royce Lillian, born this past week via surrogate […].” But where did she get this name from? In an interview with People, she revealed that she wanted to carry on her first initial, R, to her child. 

After that was decided, she declared that she wanted something unique as well. With the different nature of the child’s first name, Wilson wanted to honor her family and heritage by giving Royce two middle names: Lillian for her mother, and Elizabeth for the late queen (and it just happens to be Wilson’s middle name as well). Page Six sums up an interview Agruma had on the Australian program “The Morning Show,” relaying the new mom’s words “Priorities change, when you think like, ‘Oh I wish I would go have a massage or something. Like no, I just want to spend time with her and be at home.”

As she states in her interview and is evident by her digital footprint, Agruma is much more private than her partner. She notes how it has been an adjustment to being in the spotlight. Due to Wilson’s sheer popularity, anyone in a relationship with her would immediately lose some amount of privacy, but the fact that it was Wilson’s first public queer relationship, and now they have decided to raise a child together the attention will probably not end for them anytime soon.  

While Wilson celebrates the birth of Royce, she is also promoting a new film coming out this holiday season. On November 8th She announced on her Instagram the release date of The Almond and the Seahorse alongside a full trailer. It is fair to say 2022 has been a very busy year for Rebel Wilson. 

Hey y'all. My name is Paul (he/him) and I am a sophomore communication studies major and a member of HC Temple University.