Profile: Renee Harris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

On a Thursday morning, there was a beautiful young woman standing in front of me. The first thing that I noticed was her natural hair. She was rocking a fluffy twist-out style that bounced when she walked up to order her drink at the Student Center. Not to mention, her style was very elegant and well-put together. After much anticipation, I finally met Renee Harris.

Where are you from?

“I am from Easton, PA.”

What’s your major and year?

“I am a senior Health Information Management Major. I hope to gain experience in my field as health information management professional working to improve the quality healthcare delivery within various healthcare systems.”

What are your career goals?

“My goal is to use my experiences in my field and return to the classroom to prepare the next generation of healthcare professionals.”

What organizations are you involved in and the roles for each?

“ I am the President of Temple University’s Progressive NAACP. I’ve held this position from 2016 to 2017. I am also the current the Vice President of the Beta Delta Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated.”

What’s your favorite natural hair product and go-to style?

“Either Shea Moisture or Cantu because it’s cheap. My go-to style is a braid out.”

Who is your style icon?

“My style icon is Ayesha Curry. She has the comfy and put-together look and makes it seem so easy!”

What’s your go-to look?

“My go-to look is really good, comfy jeans, a large cardigan or sweater, and flats, although I love a good thigh-high boot too.”

List a quote that describes your style?

“‘A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.’ by Coco Chanel.”

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Samara is currently a senior Journalism major at Temple University. She has always possessed a passion for writing and currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Temple. Eventually, she hopes to work in the magazine industry. In her free time, she loves exploring the city of Philadelphia, trying new restaurants, and attending concerts. Samara can be reached at samara.grossel@temple.edu.