Profile: Ashley Mooney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ashley Mooney can definitely make you laugh. The new Arts and Entertainment editor for Her Campus Temple loves comedy. “There’s nothing that makes me happier than the moment a joke materializes and I have to write it down real quick because I’m scared I’ll forget,” said Ashley.

Ashley is a sophomore journalism major at Temple and has been involved with Her Campus for two semesters. “Immediately after joining HC, I knew I wanted to be involved more,” said Ashley, “Arts and Entertainment is definitely my area of most expertise so I wanted to be part of the process that helps get good content out there. I also love editing so it was an easy decision to apply for the position.” Ashley has enjoyed writing and storytelling since she was 6 years old, so she knew that journalism would be a great fit for her.

Ashley’s favorite thing about being the Arts and Entertainment editor is being able to get information out there that people might have missed. “Philadelphia is one of the greatest cities for people who enjoy arts and entertainment. Everything is so accessible,” said Ashley. Ashley wants to help students realize the endless possibilities that Philadelphia has to offer. She suggests ideas such as going to see live music or an open mic comedy show, or free wine on First Friday. “Parties are a part of the college experience, but every once in awhile, you should do something different!”

As for her hobbies, Ashley calls herself an adrenaline junkie. She loves to ski, but also would like to try sky-diving or bungee jumping. “I try to spend my money on experiences rather than things, but I end up just spending it on food,” said Ashley. Aside from those hobbies, Ashley also likes to read and write, which she thinks is are “obvious” hobbies for a writer. She specifically likes to write sketch comedy skits. Ashley wants to incorporate her love on writing and comedy for her future by starting her own website that has content that people are interested in, but is also humorous. “I like to be a part of what I’m writing, like Hunter Thompson gonzo-type journalism but I’m really interested in the comedy field, too so I tend to blend that together,” said Ashley.

Ashley thinks that Her Campus is definitely her grow as an editorial writer and has also helped her in developing her voice. On the workload, Ashley said, “I realized how much work and how many people is takes to pull something like this together every week.”

Madeline is a sophomore Advertising major at Temple University. She is a total fashion junkie. You can usually find her in a thrift store or at the clearance rack looking for the best prices. She also has a strong love of social media, cats and 90's music. When she's not writing about fashion or beauty, she's writing short stories and poetry or taking photos. She is most happy when she is able to be her quirky, creative self. Madeline can be reached at madeline.archambault@temple.edu. You can also follow her on instagram @madelinearchambault.
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.