The Philadelphia Collection Supports Philly’s Fashion Scene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

As I walked home the other day, it hit me that September was really here when I noticed that the weekly farmer’s market by my building had officially traded in summer sunflowers for autumn mums. September in Philadelphia is a time for change and new beginnings. It means the start of a new semester at Temple, a fresh season for the Eagles and of course the return of pumpkin spiced coffee.

But for fashion-lovers, September means New York Fashion Week, Vogue’s biggest issue of the year and, here in Philly, The Philadelphia Collection: a city-wide celebration of style.

The Philadelphia Collection, launched in 2010 by the City of Philadelphia, the Center City District and the Philadelphia Retail Marketing Alliance, promotes Philadelphia and its growing fashion culture by shining a national spotlight on Philadelphia’s fall shopping scene. Since the event’s inception Philly has been recognized for its growing potential in the fashion world. Respected magazine editors from Harper’s Bazaar to Lucky have sat front-row at the Philadelphia Collection’s runway shows.

The Philadelphia Collection’s events, which are occurring from September 17-24, range from large-scale fashion shows showcasing the latest fall styles to smaller “style soirees” and pop-up trunk shows. Attend events like Phasion Phest and Macy’s Fall Fashion Show, or get your shop on at the Rittenhouse Row Fashion Crawl and StylePOP pop-up market.

Go here for a full list of events. Hope to see you there!

Erin is a sophomore journalism major at Temple University, fashion and lifestyle blogger and ice cream enthusiast. Follow along at Hell in a Headband.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.