Peter Weber Is the New Bachelor, and Twitter Is Not Having It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ahh, Peter the Pilot. After the strenuous and exhausting season of “The Bachelorette” with Hannah Brown, we got a handful of Bachelor Nation favorites, including the one and only Peter Weber. Other than him getting freaky with Hannah in an actual windmill (yes, you read that correctly), he is notorious for being a sweetheart who has a successful aviation career and a great relationship with his family (especially his mom, how cute). But with the announcement of Peter as the new bachelor, Twitter was just plain not having it. 

I went to someone who is a secret Bachelor Nation fan (although he would never admit it) — my boyfriend. He’s a real catch for many reasons, and secretly enjoying the show that I’m “making” him watch is one of them. He said, “I think it’s kinda cool that it’s Peter. I think he’ll do well and he’s smart enough to do it and everything. I just was personally hoping for Mike. Mike is just more experienced and older.” 

Schuyler Laidlaw, a psychology student at Northampton Community College and one of my best friends who actually got me into watching “The Bachelor,” has been watching the show with her mom for many years. After countless Monday nights of the three of us eating our feelings and watching the rise of Hannah B., Schuyler is super happy to see Peter as the new Bachelor. Contrary to the popular tweets in response to the network’s choice, she said, “Peter is such a sweet and down to earth guy, and he was seriously in love in Hannah and deserves to be in Hannah’s position where he makes all of the choices.”

Not going to lie, I actually see her point. Peter the Pilot is a precious and pure soul (say that 5x fast). That man cried the manliest of tears when he got his heart broken and sent home. I say, despite initially wanting Mike for Bachelor, let’s give Pilot Pete a chance. 

Plus, Mike is quite occupied with Demi Lovato and Tyler C. is attending funerals with Gigi Hadid. Pure Pete is really all we got now. He should get the love he deserves. I just hope he doesn’t end up like the various other Bachelors who split up with their fiancés right after the show ends. I hope Peter gets to fly off into the sunset with the girl of his dreams as his copilot. 

However, don’t take my word for it. Let’s look to a more *reputable* source for opinions on Bachelor Nation’s newest star. Here’s what Twitter had to say after the announcement of Pilot Pete:

Just your average musician who also likes to write and take way too many naps.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.