This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Let’s talk about music. There are dozens of genres of music and, within each genre, there are subgenres. Each of these subgenres provoke a certain emotion within us, which is why we are able to create super specific playlists for each of the emotions we feel. I currently have 124 playlists that I have created, each catered to a specific mood or emotion I may feel. I have playlists for when I am feeling happy and relieved, playlists for when I am laying in bed crying about a boy or girl, and also playlists for when I am feeling nostalgic and reminiscent. Having playlists for every mood is wonderful because it gives us an outlet to either bask in that mood or  change it. So, here are some playlists for any mood you may be in. 

My Dopamine Levels are Surging – Songs that will hopefully bring you as much happiness and bliss as it does me

You’ve Got The Love by Florence and the Machines

New Light by John Mayer

Sure Don’t Miss You by The Dips

Good Kisser by Lake Street Dive

Outta My Head (with John Mayer) by Khalid

These Days by Wallows

High On Your Love by Amber Mark

4 Leaf Clover (feat. Steve Lacy) by Ravyn Lenae

Grey Luh by Berhana

YOU REMIND ME OF NO ONE by DAISY

All Over You by LEISURE

Let’s Fall in Love for the Night by Finneas

Hot $hit – R&B music that doesn’t make you sad but also doesn’t make you feel happy, it’s just kinda like, vibey

Run by Joji

Chances by KAYTRANADA, Shay Lia

Maria Don’t Call Me by Santino Le Saint

Dead Man Walking by Brent Faiyaz

City of Angels by Miguel

Nuh Time / Tek Time by dvsn

Remember Me by Umi

Calvin’s Joint by Mac Ayres, Declan Miers

Who Hurt You? by Daniel Caesar

Jade (feat. Blood Orange) by Lolo Zouaï

Still Don’t Know My Name by Labrinth

The Morning by The Weeknd

With Me by dvsn

Nothing Burns Like The Cold by Snoh Aalegra, Vince Staples

For the Girls, Gays, and Theys<3 - Elevated surface, throwin’ it back type beat

100 Bad – Charli XCX Remix by Tommy Genesis

Rules by Doja Cat

Started by Iggy Azalea

I’m Gone by Jozzy, Tommy Genesis

Take Yo Man by City Girls

Send The Addy by Flo Milli

OOOUUU by Young M.A. 

Link Up by Tinashe

Werkin’ Girls by Angel Haze

Roof by Rico Nasty

Vroom Vroom by Charli XCX

ICY GIRL by Saweetie

Pour It Up by Rihanna

APESHIT by The Carters

Wild Thoughts by DJ Khaled, Rihanna, Bryson Tiller

I Am Laying in Total Silence – When you’re thinking about *that person* or if you just wanna let out a good cry

Fallingwater by Maggie Rogers

Bye. by Mia Smith

Here to Stay by Lolo Zouaï

The End of Love by Florence + The Machines

Used To Be Lonely by Whitney

Too Sad To Cry by Sasha Sloan

Please Never Fall in Love Again by Ollie MN

Someone New by Banks

The Night We Met by Lord Huron

Ghost by Sky Ferreira WANTED U by Joji

Echoes Of Silence by The Weeknd

i was all over her by salvia plath

cellophane by FKA twigs

Hopefully, these playlists cover at least one emotion or mood you need songs to listen to in order to vibe to. Maybe none of these songs are exactly your taste in music, but that’s okay! 

Leah is a sophomore Advertising major with an Italian minor. She loves creating dozens of Spotify playlists with unhinged titles and then playing the same 3 on repeat. She is the Outreach Coordinator for the co-ed service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega, and is a peer coach for the Leadership & Career Studies at the Institute of Disabilities!
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!