The Perfect Playlist for Your Post-Covid Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Picture the day that covid is over. It may be this summer, it may be in a year, or god forbid 3 years, but the day has finally come. You can hug and kiss your friends and pack a room full of people. You plan on throwing the first banger of the post-covid world. You invite everyone you know, the drinks are set, the theme is immaculate, but there’s only one problem; what music to play for this once in a lifetime occasion? Look no further. Here is a list of the top 10 songs needed to create the perfect playlist for your first post-covid party.

1. Feel So Close – Radio Edit by Calvin Harris

This first song is an obvious need for the start of the night of a post covid party. This is a feel good song to remind everyone how lucky we are to be able to be so close to each other again, in the club, at a house party, or wherever you are with your friends dancing around. Somewhat of a nostalgic song pulling bittersweet feelings of the hard times of the past, and the optimism for the future. Don’t forget to group hug and dance as if life is moving in slow motion when this song plays.

1. Memories by David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi

After the sonder and slow ending of the previous song, the party will need something to get everyone going again. Memories by David Guetta is the best song to do exactly that. It’s not the most hype song of the playlist, but it’s upbeat tempo from the start gets people to feel loosened up and ready for a long night of partying ahead. Plus, the title of the song induces the idea to make some memories tonight in the minds of all party goers.

1. All Night Longer by Sammy Adams

If your time in quarantine was anything like mine, you dreamt of being able to jam to this song with your friends at a party again. At this point in the night party goers are just getting going, and this song is the perfect ode to let the night take you wherever it wants. This is the perfect song to throw a drink in the air, jump up and down with friends, and really establish your place on the dance floor for the night. 

1. Good Feeling by Flo Rida

A little throwback to the earlier 00’s, Flo Rida absolutely needs to make an appearance on the post-covid playlist. Good Feeling is a personal fav, but Club Can’t Handle Me or My House are equally great options to get the room in the right vibe of a good time. 

1. Peanut Butter Jelly by Galantis

This song may be a random addition to the must haves on the post-covid playlist, but in my opinion, it’s the perfect party song. I can see the room of people (maskless, finally) finally feeling free with their friends again, getting hype at the beat drops in the song, crowd surfing, or even jamming waiting in line to use the bathroom while this song plays. Although a weird choice, it has a very feel good beat and vibe to it.

1. Kiss Me Thru The Phone by Soulja Boy, Sammie

As an ode to the long time away from our friends and parties, Kiss Me Thru The Phone is a necessity on the post-covid playlist. Aside from this song just being a great song, it really pushes the point to have a great time now while we can before the opportunity is lost. It was a long time of quarantine, 6-feet apart, and kissing through the phone, so live it up while this song plays and remember to be thankful for the chance to be partying again.

1. Pompeii by Bastille – Remix – Kat Krazy 

Another song somewhat in memory of the pandemic being over, Pompeii is a song about coming out of the darkness of a great tragedy. Bastille gave us a great song with the original version, but this remix is a great addition to keep the party going. It brings back some nostalgia to younger years (depending on the age group), but can otherwise be a banger for any type of party goer.

1. Tongue Tied by Grouplove

While this song has a bit of a different vibe than the rest of the songs mentioned on this list, it is still an absolute, full hearted recommendation to add to the playlist. Singing this song at the top of your lungs with your friends at a house party or even in a packed club will give you that similar vibe that Post Malone had singing this song with his buddies (if you haven’t seen that video, you should look it up). What else do you need?

1. Time of Our Lives by Pitbull, Ne-Yo

Similarly to the motivation of including Flo Rida, Pitbull is a staple party artist on any party playlist, especially post-covid. No matter what age group is in the club tonight, it will be absolutely energized while listening to pitbull. Time of Our Lives, and Pitbull songs in general, have a way of uniting the crowd and inspiring a good time.

1. Juice by Lizzo

It wouldn’t be a party without a Lizzo song (or all of them)! The choice of which Lizzo song was difficult, but ultimately Juice is a feel good song for all. With it’s great beat, optimistic tone, and self love promotion Juice is definitely the song to play at your first part post-covid. While Lizzo is typically one to inspire all the ladies in the room, this song is good for all people to get down to on the dance floor. 

It’s hard to look forward to the future while this pandemic rages on, but the hope that someday these songs will be blasting with all our friends again is what should be getting us all through. For more inspiration on what songs to add to your playlist visit my spotify playlist “Post-covid parties”! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7q653NTBcQ7FEMTfRTLt7n?si=QodDN1vMRKiy-cLuhCF3tQ 

Cara Fisher

Temple '23

Hi! I'm Cara, from Bucks County Pennsylvania studying Media Studies and Production at Temple University. I am a staff writer for my HerCampus chapter’s Campus Life and News section. I love photography and video work, social media, and anything pink!
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!