Culture > News

November in Philadelphia: Five Things you NEED to Check out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Welcome, November!

A month where we cozy in, give thanks to the ones we love and let the holiday music commence. With only a few more weeks until fall break, Philly is helping us push through school with tons of events and activities to look forward to! Her Campus Temple has got you covered in finding the best happenings this month so that you can enjoy yourself in the city before heading home!

Here are five activities to consider this November:

Ice Skating at Dilworth Park //  November 8 – February 23

What better way to bring in the holiday season than ice skating in the city?! Dilworth Park turns into a sparkling winter wonderland with multiple holiday attractions, one of them being ice skating. Grab your friends and go ice skating under the mesmerizing city lights, take Instagrammable photos, drink hot chocolate and enjoy all that Center City has to offer. 

Hozier at the Met // November 19

Calling all Hozier fans: you’re in luck! Tuesday, November 19, Hozier is playing at the Met. Take a break from homework and go listen to some quality music —  just minutes away from campus. Tickets are still available on Stubhub!

Morning Walk Down Kelly Drive

Not so much an event, but definitely a must-do in the autumn weather! Take a nice Sunday morning stroll down Kelly Drive. It stretches all the way down from the art museum, along Boathouse Row, and ends nine miles down in East Falls. Feel free to stop at the coffee shop on the path for a yummy vanilla chai along the way. 

Christmas Village // Love Park // November 28 – December 24

Right through City Hall is Christmas Village, a German Christmas market that includes shopping, music, crafts, delicious food and beautiful holiday decorations. It’s one of my favorite holiday activities to do in the city and I definitely recommend you try it out! 

Thanksgiving Day Parade // November 28

Ah, yes. Thanksgiving time. You have to see the oldest Thanksgiving Day Parade — right in our own city — at least once in your life! Whether you plan on attending this year or are simply going to watch on TV while preparing the big meal, appreciate our beautiful city and all there is to be thankful for this year. 

I hope you allow yourself some time to enjoy everything Philly has to offer this month! Take advantage of everything that’s just minutes away from us and find some time to relax amidst a busy semester.

Mallory Lawn

Temple '23

Second-year Advertising student at Temple University. Lover of all things music, travel, wellness, writing, and Philly.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.