THIS IS NOT A DRILL: “Gilmore Girls” Is Coming Back With New Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Yes, you read that above title right. According to TVLine sources have confirmed that Netflix is bringing back new episodes of the critically acclaimed drama, “Gilmore Girls.”

The original WB drama and then CW drama aired its final episode in 2007. The show is set to come back in a limited format with four 90-minute movies. At this point Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop and Scott Patterson, are expected to return to the show.

This is great news for diehard fans of the show considering the disappointing reality that creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino was not involved in the seventh season. Sherman-Palladino will be involved in the revival, which should assure fans that it will be faithful to the characters and storylines.

But what will this revival mean for Luke and Lorelai? Or Rory? Will old characters be returning (that means you, Jess)?

Dreams come true, ladies… Happy Monday!

Paulina is the former Arts & Entertainment Editor at Her Campus Temple University. She is a senior Journalism major and Sociology minor, who plans to pursuse a career in magazines after graduation. She enjoys anything relating to current events, pop culture and inspirational quotes. She can most likely be found watching Netflix, taking Buzzfeed quizzes or trying out new restaurants in Philadelphia. You can follow Paulina on Twitter & Instagram @paulinajayne15
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.