This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Going to a city school like Temple, I was introduced and exposed to many new and exciting fashion trends as well as the opportunity to begin to play and style clothes in my own unique way. Living in the city allows me the opportunity to experiment and stay up to date on the latest fashion trends as well as testing them out, especially when I have weekend plans in Center City. With going on my third year of living in Philadelphia and paying close attention to fashion trends over the years, I want to provide five trendy and affordable Winter ‘21 fashion trends that will become your new staples for a dinner or night outing in the city. 

Leather Pants 

Leather pants are making a huge comeback this season. Pairing these pants with a basic bodysuit, cropped turtleneck sweater, or even a cropped long sleeve seamless top is the perfect way to add a posh flair to your evening outfit. For an affordable and chic piece, find a pair of high waisted, straight cut leather jeans that can be found at several stores across the market.

Corset Tops

The iconic corset tops were undoubtedly one of the biggest trends in 2020, especially with the popularity of the undergarments as an outerwear trend. Celebrities like Kylie Jenner, Bella Hadid, Rihanna, and more have been seen out in a corset top this past year. These tops add an elegant, femine, and also an empowering touch to any outfit and wardrobe, especially with jeans and any other pants of your choosing for a classy but casual evening outfit. For an affordable and fun corset top look, Misguided has a satin corset top that comes in eleven different colors.

Leather Thigh High Heeled Boots

Boots are a wardrobe staple in the winter months (and high heeled boots too, of course). In 2020, the thigh high heeled boot was proven to be an extremely popular trend. From leather and snakeskin, to all-white, these boots have been worn by many Instagram influencers all over the platform. These boots are perfect for a winter night out in Philly. These extremely versatile boots can be paired with jeans, skirts, sweater dresses, and my favorite recommendation, blazer dresses. For an affordable pair of these boots, check out Pretty Little Thing’s Black Block Heel PU Thigh High Boots linked below.

Hair Clips

Hair clips were easily the most popular hair accessory of 2020. Hair clips are a simple yet stylish way to keep your hair out of your face or to change up your look a little bit! Clipping your hair up is also perfect for any occasion or outfit, whether it’s casual or dressy. For me, I love to switch up my going out looks by pulling my hair back in a clip. This look can perfect and complete any of these outfit options for a night out in the city by adding a sleek, sophisticated, and elegant touch. Check out Amazon for an affordable and adorable pack of clips to complete your wardrobe this winter. 

Sleeves!

Bell/puff sleeve blouses or bodysuits are the perfect way to add a little spice to an evening outfit. This statement sleeve trend has made a huge comeback in 2020. The accentuation of the sleeve adds a fashionable and dressy element to any look. With these tops, all you have to do is pair it with some jeans or pants of your choice and some booties or heels! Check out some affordable options such as Princess Polly’s Laura Top and ASOS’ Champagne Jaquard Top.

Next time you plan on hitting the city’s nightlife, remember this list for some fitsportation that is not only affordable but trendy too!

Molly Cari

Temple '22

Instagram: @mollykcari
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!