New York Fashion Week Favorites: Our Top Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s that glorious time of year, New York Fashion Week. The time of the year where fashionista emerges from her stale, uninspired closet to spend countless hours keeping up with the trends in hopes of revamping her wardrobe. This year, we’re drooling over the pastel, fringe, bohemian, plaid and glamourous metallic looks that stole the New York City runway.

Many fashion magazines were all over New York Fashion Week including Popsugar.com. Here are five of our favorite Fashion Week looks.

Banana Republic showed off pastels with their luxurious mint green moto jacket with skinny jeans, a cream colored cowl neck sweater and lace-up pumps. The jacket they featured is a perfect piece as you transition into fall. It’s cozy for those brisk mornings, but its color clings onto those summer vibes perfectly.

Lulu has a light blue coat similar to Banana Republic’s. Where Banana Republic’s price is $298 Lulu’s is only $71!

Since the coat has a larger boyish fit it looks best paired with dark streamlined jeans, structured shoes and a plain top. The jacket is simple, so adding a statement necklace would be the perfect way to take it to the next level.

You can never get too much Fringe. J. Crew stormed the runway with their new spin on the 70s fringe obsession. 40 years later and the trend has become much more refined and classy. J. Crew paired their blush fringe skirt with a chunky cable-knit sweater, plaid scarf and shimmery heels.

Are you on a budget? Forever 21 makes a similar faux suede camel fringe skirt for only $25.

The fringe piece is extremely versatile. For a daytime look, pair it with a chunky sweater or a dark loose tee. Slide on a pair of ballet flats or slip-on sneakers if you’re feeling daring. For a nighttime look, try a sparkly fitted tank top for a sexy vibe or a structured black blazer for a casual dinner or drink with friends. Wear D’Orsay flats or streamlined pumps to complete the look.

Zimmermann wowed the audience this year with their glamorous bohemian-inspired fall collection. Among the most popular pieces shown was a graceful floral maxi dress. The dress was belted and paired with minimalist accessories. Zimmermann really channeled both summer and fall into one look.

You can find a darker and cheaper alternative from Zara for $169. The look still captures the movement and shape of the bohemian dress. Fraiche by J for Nordstrom created a similar gown as well for only $116. Their gown captures Zimmermann’s color scheme with a more vibrant pattern.

Since the dress is a statement in itself it doesn’t need chunky jewelry. Simple diamond studs and dainty rings speak much volume with this dress. Flats are perfect for a casual daytime feel while heels would transform your look perfectly for a night out.

At this year’s fashion show Rodarte introduced a line of classy and practical, yet beautiful garments for this seasons show. They were one of many designers that focused on plaid.

You can find a cheaper version of Rodarte’s masterpiece at H&M for only $59.99. Their version takes on a more tan color, but it has super cute elbow patches!

The blazer can be paired with jeans, a casual button-down and leather booties for a polished look that is perfect for class. It can also be worn with dress pants, minimalist jewelry and matte heels. No matter how you style it a plaid blazer like this ensures that you will look both classy and cute.

Tory Burch created a fall collection nothing less than stunning this year. The metallic trend that was shown on the runway is perfectly seasoned for this fall. Every girl can find a metallic look that goes great with their skin tone. Tory Burch’s metallic dress was paired with a thick belt, sandals and statement earrings.

Forever 21 offers a luxe metallic maxi for only $22.90. While the styles are different, the trend is the same: rocking your metals is totally in no matter how you do it.

With a simple dress like Forever 21’s you have so much freedom when it comes to styling. Tie it up at the bottom and throw a chunky cardigan and converse for a casual-cool look. You can even strap on a pair of dark heels and statement earrings for a night out. Watch out with necklaces though; metallics are showstoppers in themselves and too many baubles can be distracting.

Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.