This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

In March, Apple organized a presentation that brought out some of our *favorite* A-list stars — including Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carell and many more. The company made several announcements regarding their future products, causing them to garner attention from across the world.

CEO Tim Cook and many renowned celebrities took the stage in March to announce the exciting future of Apple. Several major announcements were made to the public about new additions to the company, such as a new streaming service, a credit card, a gaming service and much more. With these new ideas, the corporation is continuing to set themselves apart in the worldwide market.

One addition to the company is Apple TV+, a streaming service that will have its own original television shows and movies. Apple has already announced some of the shows to premiere on Apple TV+, and it appears to not disappoint. Subscribers can expect to see two new docu-series from Oprah Winfrey, a post-apocalyptic show starring Jason Momoa, and drama starring Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell. Directors such as Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams and Damien Chazelle have also agreed to create new projects for the new Apple service. With the popularity of Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu, news of another streaming service might not bring much excitement to consumers. However, Apple proves to give these successful corporations some major competition with their impressive lineup of talent.

Another takeaway from the presentation was the announcement of Apple Card, made in partnership with Goldman Sachs.

This credit card can be easily stored on your phone in the Wallet app, but a physical card will be available as well, in the form of a laser-etched titanium rectangle. The new credit card has many appealing features such as a rewards system, in which two percent of every purchase goes back towards your Wallet app as cash. Users also have the ability to monitor their spending by viewing what they spend most on by category. The card will have no annual transaction fees and will also have strong security policies put in place. Despite these major benefits, similar to online streaming services, the credit card industry is extremely competitive. Some experts argue whether Apple Card is special enough to make people go through the extensive process of switching to another credit card company.

Other new products include Apple News +, an app that includes more than 300 publications for a monthly fee of $9.99. A television app that contains all of your streaming service subscriptions in one place is also in the works. Another new product, Apple Arcade, provides its users access to over 100 games that can be paused and resumed on multiple devices. With an overflow of apps and services filling our devices, these new products seem to appeal to those who want everything in one convenient location.

Evidently, these announcements of new Apple products have definitely captured the attention of consumers worldwide.

Some feel that these products could further strengthen Apple’s reputation as a dominating corporation. However, some experts also say that many of these products are part of overly saturated industries that may prevent them from standing out to the public. For more information on these products and when they are expected to be available, visit Apple’s website today.

Advertising major, lover of all things fashion, beauty, and music!