This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

You know that feeling when you’re completely bored out of your mind and have nothing to do? That was me last week. So, to remedy my never-ending boredom, I decided to start a new show on Netflix. But looking for a new show to watch on Netflix for me is like looking for a needle in a haystack. So, I decided to finally watch a show that was sitting in my list forever — and that show happened to be “Gilmore Girls.”

And, honestly, what took me so long to start the show?

If you’ve never seen the show before, “Gilmore Girls” is about Lorelai and Rory Gilmore (the greatest mother-daughter duo ever) and their everyday lives in the cutest town called Stars Hollow. From first boyfriends, mean girls and awkward family dinners, “Gilmore Girls” is honestly the most relatable show ever. 

Even after all this time this show still holds up pretty well (except for some of the corny jokes and VSCO like filter). Even for season one, all of the characters are so diverse in their own personalities and very well developed. I’d say that my favorite character is a three-way tie between Emily, Lorelai and Luke because of their comedic timing and general shade (from Emily). 

And don’t get me started on baby Jared Padalecki (the best part of season one in my opinion).

The show as a whole is very relatable with the mother-daughter relationship (for me at least). I really liked that Rory and Lorelai were super close and could tell each other just about everything. And the small town of Stars Hollow is so cozy that it gives me a huge fall vibe… so much so that I just might rewatch Gilmore Girls every fall. 

All in all, I can say that season one of Gilmore Girls was *amazing* and I’m so glad that I finally found something new to spend all my time obsessing over. Now all I need to do is finish the rest of the series!  

Hellooo! I'm Sydnee a senior at Temple University studying advertising. I watch way too much t.v. and eat tons of pizza. When I'm not sitting in my room (which is often) you can catch me at Jamba Juice laughing at some random meme I found on Pinterest.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.