My Favorite Playlists for Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Let’s be honest. I hate studying, but I have a feeling I may not be alone.

Let me guess: You survived your midterms (well… barely) and after a relaxing Thanksgiving break, the last thing you want to think about is finals. Prepping for them is tough, but you know what’s even harder? Prepping for them in complete silence.

So, here’s what I’ve conjured up for playlists to listen to while studying. Hopefully something on here will guide you through these couple weeks of hell.

1. Chill Lo-fi Study Beats

Ah, yes. 5 hours and 180 songs of pure lo-fi goodness (which is perfect to fall asleep to).

2. Staying in. [lo-fi/ jazzhop/ chill mix] by The Jazz Hop Café

A super chill mix for those who are too lazy to make it to Starbucks, but want that Cafe feel at home while cooped up in bed.

3. 4:00 AM chill Krnb/Khiphop playlist by: Cribblingdepression

Into K-pop? Not everyone is, but give it a try. Here’s a playlist of new sounds for your playlist.

4. Autumn Acoustic (Spotify)

Want something other than lo-fi beats? Then try some acoustic-folky songs. This playlist also changes with the seasons! How cool is that!?

5. Ghibli // study by: Tom Farrow

I’m a huge studio Ghibli fan and it’s also a personal favorite to listen to when I’m just chillin or feeling nostalgic. (btw my favorite Ghibli movie is Spirited Away).

6. College Music (Spotify/ YouTube) 

There are so many playlists on this page that I can’t even list my favorite. Plus, the YouTube channel for them is usually streaming live, so go check it out.

7. Dalkom Café (Spotify)

Chill Krnb songs to listen to after your first dose of the genre. Perfect for a coffee break!

8. City Girl (Spotify/ YouTube)

A recent but awesome discovery that I just somehow stumbled upon because I thought the cover art looked pretty. They say don’t judge an album by it’s cover… but

9. Mellow Mood (Spotify)

The vibe this playlist exudes is legendary.

10. Chill Beats by: Sydnee Ellison (me! Lol)

I don’t wanna toot my own horn, but this playlist is pretty damn good. Check it out.

As much as I loathe studying, there’s nothing wrong with having a little jam session while learning. Here’s hoping all your finals go well and let’s get this bread!

Hellooo! I'm Sydnee a senior at Temple University studying advertising. I watch way too much t.v. and eat tons of pizza. When I'm not sitting in my room (which is often) you can catch me at Jamba Juice laughing at some random meme I found on Pinterest.