galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio
Style

My Experience On The Pink Campus Team and Why You Should Join

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

I applied to be a part of Temple’s Pink Campus Team last year, and I had no idea how much it would change my life. Let me clarify if you don’t know what I’m talking about, The Victoria’s Secret brand PINK has college teams all across the country. These groups are made up of two representatives and five team members. Our mission is to bring “PINK” to Temple University. Every semester, we are given a budget as well as a list of activities or duties that must be done. Typically, we must work as a group to generate ideas, settle on a time and location, and manage our money. On the campus team, there are two major representatives, a photographer/videographer, a trendsetter, a social media guru, community outreach, and a freshman liaison.

My Experience: I’ve developed a passion for fashion and photography, so when the opportunity to work as a photographer for the PINK team came, I jumped at it. I am currently in my second semester with this team. I was able to hone my photographic skills and experiment with my ideas. The amazing thing about this team is that you are not restricted to your “tasks.” We all get the chance to exchange ideas and participate in activities. Aside from the real-world experience, The PINK team has encouraged me in making new friends and memories. Working with the other girls is truly something I will always remember about my time at Temple. Lastly, Victoria’s Secret often gives thanks for our efforts by providing us with free merchandise on holidays and for some events. For example, they had the team do a mental health sleepover where we were given PINK goodies, snacks, and took the time to bond. As you can see, The Pink Campus Team is more than just work, it’s an uplighting environment.

So why should you join? If you have an interest in fashion, beauty, or marketing in general this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door. On this team, you get real-world event planning and marketing experience right on campus with an extremely well-known brand! Besides the actual field experience you will get, the relationships you build with other Temple students is worth it all. 

Lindsi Smith

Temple '22

Hi, my name is Lindsi Smith. I am a senior public relations major at Temple University. I am the treasurer of the Temple University chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) and currently write for the fashion and beauty section of HerCampus. During my free time, I love to read, hang out with my friends, and practice photography.