Image of Harry Styles concert advertisement
Nathaly Suquinagua
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

After buying tickets for Harry Styles’ Halloween show nearly two years ago, the long-awaited performance had finally arrived. Here’s an overview of the show and my experience seeing him.

It was approaching October 31 and I was getting ready for possibly the best concert I’d ever attend. I was going to the Harryween concert, a Harry Styles concert but with a twist — a Halloween edition, if you will. 

These tickets were on my Ticketmaster queue for over two years, and I’d been highly anticipating each day leading up to it. I chose to go dressed as Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast while my best friend wore a Cinderella costume, to match. 

Upon arriving at Madison Square Garden, I saw plenty of amazing costumes — including a lot of people dressed up as Harry Styles, himself. 

Once the show started, Harry rose upon the stage dressed as a clown along with the rest of his band. The concert began with my favorite song, “Golden,” and proceeded with a variety of songs from his most recent album, Fine Line.

Harry Styles brings this sort of energy on stage that makes you feel like you just belong here. He repeatedly told his fans this was a “safe space,” that we can “have fun here,” to just “enjoy the moment.” 

When he performed “Lights Out,” we were handed a yellow piece of paper that we shone our phone’s flashlights through to make a rainbow effect amongst the audience. It was so amazing seeing everyone pull out their phones and make a rainbow in honor of Harry and the comfort he brought to us.

After the mini intermission, the best part was yet to come. All of a sudden, I started hearing the crowd chant “Medicine” — one of his most beloved songs despite being unreleased and only ever performed on his previous tour, “Harry Styles: Live on Tour.” 

Immediately after singing the first lyric, the crowd went wild. To make matters even better and nearly unimaginable, he slowly transitioned into playing “Toxic “ by Britney Spears.  We sang along with him as loud as we could and the arena was quickly flooded with thousands of screams. 

It was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to and I think, in part, I’d attribute that to the fact that I felt like I was living out an experience I’d forever consider unforgettable. We knew, in that moment, we were making vivid memories and, for that, I’m extremely glad I got to go. 

Nathaly is a college student at Temple University in her second year. She is currently majoring in journalism and minoring in dance.