This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With the autumn weather that we have been waiting for finally making an appearance, we’re all excited for the best thing about fall: digging out our cute booties & cardigans and saying au revoir to all the sweaty tanks & athletic shorts we’ve been wearing. Ahhh fall, the perfect season for experimenting with some new looks, and for taking a much needed post-midterms shopping spree as we power through the last couple weeks of our semesters.

If you’re thinking about adding some new selections to your style this season, here are my top eight must-haves of the season:

Duck Boots

These boots have been my SAVIORS more times than I can remember. They double as rain boots and snow boots, impenetrable by all things that intend to disturb how warm our feet are sitting in these boots. They are by far the best investments I have ever made in a pair of shoes, for fashion purposes and for durability — they can do it all!

Mom Jeans

Channel your inner mom! For days when you can’t find the will to squeeze into those skinny jeans, and when it’d be your 4th day in a row wearing leggings —  there is a very comfortable, very cute option… mom jeans! I loved my first pair so much that I bought two more, and I can officially say I prefer them to any pair of skinny jeans I’ve ever bought. The loose fit makes them perfect for layering with some cute tights underneath, or for pairing with a fun bodysuit, making it a comfy way to be fashionable and maintain leg circulation.

Love Your Melon Hat

Not only do some of the proceeds from these hats go to an amazing cause, but they’re also some of the cutest ways to keep your melons warm! Love Your Melon is a company that started out as a way to put hats on the heads of children battling cancer. After completing this goal, they now donate 50% of sales to organizations fighting pediatric cancer —  so for every cute hat you buy, you are also donating to an amazing cause. Quick tip: buy one now! As the holidays approach, the site runs out very quickly — I had to wait another year to buy one after the previous year sold out. They also offer socks, apparel, accessories and even a dog collection!

Soft N’ Sexy Bralette

Because who really feels like strapping on a *real* bra before starting your day every morning? Stop by your nearest Aerie or UO and pick up a soft, pull-on bralette to wear underneath your baggy Fall sweaters. It’s a cozy, convenient replacement for the worst part about getting dressed in the morning. Keep your girls comfy and warm this season!

Trench Coat

You might be thinking this is a little too old-fashioned, but hear me out. I didn’t want a trench coat at all — that is, until I tried one on. After that, it became my new favorite go-to coat. It’s not super heavy, but it’ll keep you warm and is a fun twist on any fall fit you decide to wear that day.

Oversized Denim Jacket

The bigger, the better! An oversized denim jacket is the best when it comes to layers, layers and more layers. Whether it be worn over a hoodie for a more casual look, or paired with a chunky scarf and some boots, they’ll keep you warm and fashionable for the fall season. And if you’re feeling bold, make a statement with denim on denim!

BIG Hoop Earrings

This accessory is the key to making any outfit look like you put in more effort than you really did. Throwing on a pair of large hoops with a messy bun, or with some loose, second-day curls adds a shiny boho touch to any outfit you decide on. And the best part is: this can be done on the go! Grab them as you’re walking out the door and finish off your look on the way to class.

Chunky Plaid Scarf

My final and most favorite accessory to wear throughout both the fall and winter is the classic plaid scarf. This is an amazing addition to any outfit, matches with any coat, and is sure to keep you warm during the cold months of the year. Buying a neutral colored, wool scarf is sure to be the best purchase of the season!

After reading about these eight fall-must haves, just *try* and tell me that fall isn’t the best season of all.

Shannon is a Sophomore at Temple University in the Fox School of Business. She is writer for Temple's chapter of Her Campus, a lover of all things Pinterest related, and an avid online shopper. When she's not in class you can find her either curled up rewatching Vampire Diaries for the 100th time or on her laptop scrolling through Pinterest pages!
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.