Loves Me, Loves Me Not: Who are the Best Love Island Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

So far, I have devoted every weekday to watching a bunch of random hot people on a little show called Love Island get even hotter boyfriends/girlfriends in my college apartment (while being single and lonely). Now that the iconic show is slowly winding down, I will be spared of my only form of entertainment (shirtless girls and skinny guys screaming “I GOT A TEXT,” iykyk) Therefore, it’s only in my right that I spare you the time and energy that it would take to catch up on every episode and do you a service by breaking down my final couples from worst to best. (SPOILER ALERT) 

5. Bennett and Lakeyn 

Sorry not sorry, I simply do not even know who these two are. I blinked and two new people came onto the show and now somehow coupled up. The funny thing is, we haven’t even seen them talk once on camera. Hmmm, weird. This spot is well deserved since at this point every other couple has at least had one OG included. Wish I had more to say, but this blurb is already longer than their relationship!

4. Carrington and Laurel 

Ahhh, the good ole “f-boy” and naive sweet girl combo, (we hate to see it). Laurel is so pleasant and looks like she would give good hugs. She is so sweet and naive, that she ultimately thought that she could change Carrington’s frat boy tendencies, yet we saw that was not the case. Carrington will put their relationship on the back burner for any new shiny toy that walks in the villa. I just want the best for Laurel!!!! #girlpower

3. Moira and Calvin 

No matter what, no amount of snuggles in bed and late night kisses will convince me that this relationship is real. Moira friendzoned Calvin not once but twice. Her interest in Calvin towards the end just seemed a little too convenient for my taste. I hope her intentions are pure and not just for the cash or mere exposure. Calvin on the other hand, is so cute, squishy, and sadly gullible. He was the perfect victim for Moira but ultimately he would of been the perfect boyfriend for me (Calvin if you ever come across this, I am single). Props to them for making it to the end but come one Moira, opportunism doesn’t look good on you sweetie! 

2. Cely and Johnny 

I want to love them SO BAD, but I know I shouldn’t. He cheated, but then watered himself down just to spare her feelings SPOILER (that just ended up making her look dumb). Johnny publicly embarrassed Cely and broke her trust, yet they are so fricken cute. The only thing I can compare their relationship is that couple in high school you know they shouldn’t be together, yet they are. 

Cely gives off such “golden retriever” energy, where you can’t help it but love her! Johnny, do America a favor and treat our girl well! 

1. Justine and Caleb 

The ultimate love story. We watched Justine being picked last from the first episode to now seeing her with a man who not only adores her, but hypes her up and accepts her for who she is. When not being aired as the villas therapist, they are seen hyping everyone up and radiating positivity. Our unproblematic king and queen simply deserved the top spot and I hope they win it all!

In the end, for the past month give or take, I have become too invested in these instagram “baddies” relationships. Therefore, no matter what I say about them, I am still single. 

Catch ya next year Love Island! 

Autumn is currently studying Media Studies & Production who enjoys hanging out with friends as much as the next girl.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!