Loveable Luscious Lips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

At any given time you can find at least three different kinds of lip gloss in my bag. If I’m out and I see a lip gloss that I’ve never tried I’ll buy it. I like to try new lip glosses whenever I can. Here are a few of my personal favorites.

1. For those who like a lip gloss that will give them a lot of shine with a hint of color, I suggest 
    Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss
    and YSL GLOSS PUR. Smashbox has great makeup collection and the lip enhancing gloss is just as great as the rest of their products. It can be found at Sephora for $18 and comes in a variety of colors. My favorite shade is “Afterflow.” The YSL GLOSS PUR is another great lip gloss. It has a lot of shine and sparkle with just a tad bit of color, plus it lasts a long time. YSL GLOSS PUR is $30 and can be found at multiple places including Sephora, YSL, and numerous department stores. There are six shades, including “Pure Petal,” which is a popular choice.

2.   Pink lips are in! Celebrities from Selena Gomez to Nicki Minaj are rocking pink, glossy lips. Nicki 
           Minaj has said that the one thing that you’ll always find              in her bag is pink MAC lip gloss. For $19,  it is a lip gloss                that is long-lasting with a lot of color and shine. If you                  want tint and luster, MAC Dazzleglass is the lip gloss for          you. There is a wide range of colors, including beautiful                pinks like  “Live Venus,” “Internationalist,” “Steeping                   Out,” “Money Honey,” and “Love Alert.” 

3. There are those of us who feel that our lips are just too thin.  Victoria’s Secret Very Voluptuous Lip Plumper may just be the best lip plumper that I’ve tried. It comes in two colors; bare and pink. It gives off a slight tingling feeling when you put it on and that just means that it’s working. It can be found at Victoria’s Secret locations or on the store’s website for $18. There is also a VerVoluptuous Lip Plumper Extreme for $30 if you really want to plump up your lips even more.

4. There are some of us who don’t want really glossy lips all the time, but of course don’t want our lips to be dry. For days like that, Lip Butter from The Body Shop is a great choice. It does enough to keep your lips from looking and feeling dry without being too glossy. There are six shades and I must say they all smell great. It costs $8 and is really great for your lips.

5. Lip stain is gaining a lot of popularity. The great thing about lip stain is that it lasts a very long  time. You apply it on your lips and then apply a lip gloss over it. Even after the lip gloss comes off,         there is still color on your lips. Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lip Stain is the most popular  one in drug stores and for good reason. There are a wide variety of colors from “In the Buff,” which a  tan color, to “Wink of Pink,” which is my personal favorite. Of course there is also “Cherry Pop,”which is a beautiful shade of red. They cost about $6 and can be found where ever Maybelline products are sold.

6. For the ladies who like to wear a clear lip gloss without any color and like a lot of shine, I’d                         recommend MAC Clear Lipglass. It’s thick which makes it last a very long time. MAC Lipglass is         one of the few lip glosses that still stay on after a few lips there is still some on your lips. It costs $15         and can be found at any MAC location.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!