This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Now that the 2022 Halloween season is officially over, let’s take a look at a few of my favorite celebrity Halloween costumes: 

Harry Styles as Danny Zuko  

Starting with the man who has an entire Halloween event named after himself: Harry Styles. Styles fans were eager to see what costume he would show up in. Many were convinced that he would be Beetlejuice, but everyone was shocked when he showed up on stage as Danny Zuko from Grease. Of course, he had to add his own personal twist with the word “Harryween” bejeweled on the back of his leather jacket.

Kali Uchis as Jessica Rabbit  

Kali Uchis was basically a spitting image of Jessica Rabbit, the fictional character from Who Censored Roger Rabbit? She wore a very flattering and form fitting maroon leather dress that matched her beautiful hair, nails, and makeup. She even had the purple gloves to complete the look. When I say that this costume was made for Kali Uchis, I mean it was for sure made for her.

Tucker Pillsbury and Emma Chamberlain as the Grady Twins 

This next costume had me fangirling to the max. Tucker Pillsbury also known as singer Role Model and Emma Chamberlain posted on Instagram as the Grady twins from the 1980s horror film, The Shining. This is a classic costume that won’t ever get old.

Maddie Ziegler and Eddie Benjamin as Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love  

Another one of my favorite couples had a very impressive duo costume. Dance Moms star, Maddie Ziegler and musician Eddie Benjamin made a tribute to a rock legend, Kurt Cobain, and his wife Courtney Love. From the flannel and lace top to the makeup and the hair, they nailed every detail.

The West Kids as “The Icons”  

Kim Kardashian posted a photo of her four children dressed as what she calls “The Icons”. North mirrored the R&B singer Aaliyah in her signature coordinated red, white, and blue Tommy Hilfiger set. Saint emulated Snoop Dogg in his plaid shirt, tan khakis, and Converse. Chicago paid tribute to the legendary singer Sade by wearing a denim-on-denim outfit and Psalm dressed up as Eazy-E’s “Compton style” wearing a black baseball cap, windbreaker, fingerless black gloves, khaki pants, and Nike Cortez sneakers.

Lizzo as Miss Piggy and Marge Simpson 

Lizzo really pulled out all the stops this year with her costumes, so it was hard for me to pick one. Her Marge Simpson and Miss Piggy looks were amazing. Starting with Marge Simpson, she nailed every detail from the tall, blue hair and sparkly green dress to the yellow painted skin. She killed her photoshoot dressed as Miss Piggy too. She wore a beautiful blonde wing, piggy ears, and a snout, and even added the Boa Constrictor snake prop.

Winnie Harlow and Patrick Starr as Ursula and Ariel  

With the release of the new Little Mermaid trailer, this next costume was definitely on trend. Winnie Harlow and Patrick Starr dressed up as Ariel and Ursula. They both looked absolutely stunning. Patrick wore a beautiful black leather form fitting dress and Winnie had a gorgeous shimmery green slit skirt with of course a shell bra. One thing I adored about these costumes was the hair. The long red hair on Winnie looks amazing and Patrick really pulled off the silver hair up-do.

Keke Palmer as Rapunzel 

A tweet was circulating requesting that Keke Palmer plays live action Rapunzel with 100ft box braids. Like so many others, I’ve been raving over this look. She wore an exquisite milkmaid style dress that was white puffed, long sleeved, pink, and lavender. Her pink eyeshadow compliments the dress so well and don’t even get me started on the hair. Who knows, maybe this is what Disney needed to see to cast her in a live action Rapunzel.

Lily Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Madelaine Petsch as the Sanderson Sisters 

I think that this trio costume has to be my favorite celebrity costume of this year. Executed by none other than the women of the TV series Riverdale. Lily Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Madelaine Petsch dressed up as the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. This was one of the first Halloween costumes that showed up on my social media and let me just say, they slayed.

This was definitely a year of impressive celebrity Halloween costumes! 

Maddie is a junior at Temple University double majoring in Communication and Social Influence and Journalism. She currently serves as the co-events coordinator for Her Campus at Temple University where she helps organize and execute fun get-togethers for staff writers. Prior to becoming an events coordinator, Maddie was a fashion and beauty staff writer where she wrote outfit reviews and gave style advice. She is currently a junior at Temple double majoring in Communication and Social Influence and Journalism. Outside of Her Campus, Maddie writes for a variety of news outlets. She is a freelance writer for The Temple News, Temple University's independent student-run paper where she writes for the opinion section. Maddie recently became a senior reporter for The Temple Templar, Temple University's independent student-run yearbook where she writes about students, campus life, and events. She also writes for Pleaser, an online concert and music magazine and Refine, an online women’s blog. In her free time, she enjoys exploring the city, going to concerts, thrifting, and journaling.