Style > Fashion

Lizzo’s New Shapewear Brand “Yitty”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

YITTY is Lizzo’s new shapewear line!

Lizzo, the pop icon, best known for her hits like “Juice” “Good as Hell” and many more have now come out with an inclusive shapewear line!

Yitty was revealed on Lizzo’s Instagram post on March 30th 2022, she wrote: 

“This is a love letter to my big grrrls, and a welcome letter to Every Body. This is *not* an invitation to change who you are… this is an opportunity to BE who you are on your terms. I don’t know about y’all— but I’m sick of people telling me how I’m supposed to look and feel about my body. I’m tired of discomfort being synonymous with sexy. If it’s uncomfortable TAKE IT OFF. And if it makes you feel good PUT IT ON. YITTy isn’t just shapewear, it’s your chance to reclaim your body and redefine your beauty standard. I love y’all”

This line will be released on April 12th, 2022 at 8:00am (PST), to get access to the collection, you have to join the waitlist through the YITTY website. This collection is part of the popular activewear company, Fabletics. The size range runs from 6X-XS. While the specifics of the collection have not been completely revealed, so far Lizzo has posted about body suits, underwear, bras and leggings. 

Personally, I am very excited to see and shop the entire YITTY collection! From what I have seen on Lizzo’s social media, the pieces look super comfortable and would definitely be great additions to any wardrobe. It is amazing to see such a size inclusive, body positive brand hitting the mainstream, especially from a celebrity like Lizzo whose message across all platforms (social media, music lyrics, etc) reflect those values. The online feedback from fans, magazines, and followers has been overwhelmingly positive too! A lot of people are predicting YITTY will become big competition for Skims- a shapewear brand created by Kim Kardashian whose size range runs from XXS-5X. I am so excited to continue to support Lizzo, a celebrity I really admire, by purchasing such great products from a thoughtful brand!

Lizzo’s new shapewear brand, YITTY, is definitely one to check out! I believe that it will be a very influential brand in the upcoming months, and hopefully years, for fashion inspiration and inclusivity!

Hello! My name is Kimberly and I am a sophomore Communications and Social Influence major at Temple University!