This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Biology major, blogger, and fashionista, it’s safe to say that JeCara is a triple threat. Despite the cold weather, JeCara is fashionably clad with her purple mini body con skirt, chunky maroon cable knit sweater, and possibly the coolest tights I’ve ever seen. Her style transcends as very bohemian and edgy, but also completely unpredictable. One day she might be very faux bourgeois donning a blazer and heels, the next, boho-chic in a knotted turban. Not only does she have impeccable style, but she also has a great personality to match. As this Temple freshman describes her style and inspiration, you can’t help but notice her infectious smile. She’s fashionable, smart, and awesome, and she’s also this week’s Campus Fashion Trendsetter.

Name: JeCara Phillips

Age: 19

Year: Freshman, C/o 2015

Major: Biology

Hometown: Philadelphia!

Where do you get your inspiration?I pull inspiration from everywhere pretty much. It’s anything related to style and clothing that catches my eye. I spend a lot of time on my Tumblr (http://kinkmasterr.tumblr.com/) and I’m always finding different things that I like. Or maybe just passing someone on the street or online shopping or taking a garment I already own and deciding to do something new with it.

Styles and trends that you love: I don’t really stick to one style of clothing. Sometimes I like to wear glam inspired things like sky high heels with all black or a relaxed boho look with a brightly colored knot turban and little moccasin boots. Or even just an over-sized sweatshirt and some colored tights because I’m tired. lol It all really depends on how I feel at that moment. But I love everything, glam, boho-indie, casual, grunge. Everything.

Style Icons: TRACEE ELLIS ROSS!!! I cannot stress it enough how much I love her. Also, Rachel Zoe, Rihanna, Kanye West, Sarah Jessica Parker, Angela Simmons, and Solange.

How would you describe your style: I would describe my style as very comfortable because I only dress according to how I am feeling at the time. And sometimes comfortable to me does mean 6 inch heels if that’s really what I want to wear. I don’t get dressed for anyone else. I feel like your attitude is a major part of your total look. So if I glam myself head to toe, knowing I feel like crap, ultimately that negative attitude will break through & waste the entire outfit. I always want to look good but I am much happier when I’m comfortable.

Favorite places to shop: Urban Outfitters is definitely number 1, thrift stores, MAC & Sephora (I love doing make-up), and a series of random online stores

Favorite brands or designers: Jeffrey Campbell, Kimchi Blue, Silence & Noise, BDG, Steve Madden, Michael Kors. There’s more, I just can’t think of them. lol

Three words to describe yourself: Funny, creative, passionate

Plans for the future: To make enough money in the medical field to afford to travel around the world to experience different fashion and large-scale make-up expos. That’s always been a dream of mine.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!