If You’re Travelling for Spring Break, You Need to Download These on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Going to college far away from home is a great time… until you have to make the long and boooring trip back home for break. Don’t get me wrong, when I first get onto the train, I love to blast Harry Styles and feel like I’m off on a great adventure, but that only lasts for like 45 minutes.

A couple of years back, I discovered that you can download shows and movies on Netflix and watch them without WiFi, and my life has never been the same. Now every time I am traveling, I make sure to download something to keep me occupied during the trip. Here are my go-to shows to download to make long train rides somewhat bearable. 

“Queer Eye”

Although this show has been on for a while, it is still one of my all-time favorites! What’s not to love about the Fab 5 and watching them give people a heartwarming life makeover? This show gets an 11/10 on the wholesome meter and is always a good reminder that even though the guy next to me is eating a tuna sandwich, people are still good. 

“Miss Americana”

Even if you’re like me and not a huge Taylor Swift fan, WOWZA this is such a good documentary. It makes me so nostalgic for the days of Taylor onstage with her bedazzled guitar and her classics that encapsulate my childhood. It also gives such an eye-opening view of Taylor’s actual life and makes me remember that she’s a real human, not just a celeb. This is a total must watch. 

“The Circle”

Ok, if you haven’t watched this, you have to NOW! It’s a strange concept of a social media competition where people have profiles and compete to become the top influencer, but it is so entertaining. Coming from someone who is currently binging this — it’s addicting and hilarious.  

“To All the Boys. PS I Still Love You”

This one will be released on Netflix just in time for spring break, and I’m so hype! I didn’t ~love~ the first movie, but I definitely thought it’s one of those cheesy, yet super cute movies. How could you not like it? Needless to say, I’m excited to see the new one and have all of those warm happy feelings again!

If you have any plans that involve travelling, I SO highly recommend downloading these shows to help pass the time! Now you can watch some of the best things on Netflix instead of listening to some baby crying. Progress!

Freshman at Temple University, with an interest in communications, social influence and marketing. Passionate about all things eco friendly and sustainable. Lover of writing, adventures & travel.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.