This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
Are you searching for a hairstyle to start off the spring season with a bang? Are you a girl that is looking for a head turning style that is simple yet chic? Do you want a hairstyle that is low maintenance? If you have answered yes to any or all of the questions, read on!

The bob is a hairstyle that has graced the pages of fashion magazines and the streets of Paris, New York, and London for longer than we can remember. The bob is an appropriate style for all occasions and is unbelievably effortless! Whether at the office or in class, this look is sure to turn heads. 

A few extravagant ladies that have effortlessly this signature cut include Cleopatra, Josephine Baker, Madonna, and more recently the curvaceous  Beyonce. These beautiful women have elevated the popularity of the style by proving that the bob is edgy, chic, and innovative. The cut is ultra feminine and can be texturized, angled, various lengths, and tapered. 

Although the bob provides a lot of creative breathing room, the shape of your face always needs to be taken into consideration before busting out those scissors!
The square facial shape consists of a square jaw and a long face. In this scenario, the bob should be worn with layers and an off center part to flatter the face. A texture spray  will elevate the style with needed volume. We suggest the Textural Dual Action Hairspray by CHI. 

Circular facial shapes, often known as the “baby face”, are usually associated with high check bones. In this case, make sure your bob is collarbone length to elongate your neckline. Also, go for bangs that are not too choppy to add a slimming effect to your circular face. Emma Stone is the perfect example of a celebrity with a round face sporting a bob. 

Lastly, if you have an oval shaped face your face is normally longer. Fortunately, you can rock a short or a long bob! To give your look some sass try a messy style using Suave’s Professionals Infusion Dry Shampoo.

Strut your stuff this spring wearing the bob hairstyle as a bold statement!

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.