This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It’s time to celebrate the holidays, college style!

College students don’t typically have industrial-grade kitchens, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate Thanksgiving with our friends before going home. In preparation for the holidays, here’s a cumulated list of things you need to have the best Friendsgiving! 

• Comfy Clothes Only

Friendsgiving, like Thanksgiving, is all about eating. Don’t show up wearing party clothes or nice clothes in general. As the host, it’s time to enforce sweatpants and loose shirts.

• Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes are a holiday classic. Who doesn’t love them? They’re surprisingly easy too. Each bite will remind you a little bit of home in preparation for the holiday.

• Microwaveable Stuffing

Microwaveable stuffing? Surprisingly good. If you’re searching for a classic Thanksgiving side that’s extremely easy to make, this is your jackpot. It may look horrendous before you make it, but it doesn’t disappoint.

• Pumpkin pie

Does anybody really come to dinner for turkey? Nope. Pumpkin pie is the easiest way to unite your friends, and the leftovers will still taste great.

• Share your traditions

Everyone has unique experiences with their families on Thanksgiving, bring some of your traditions together to create a new one just for you and your friends.

• Find a good game

While this may sound lame, Thanksgiving time can get melancholy for some. You’re so close to finishing the semester, but not quite there. Take some time by playing different games and enjoy your time together. 

No matter how you decide to celebrate Friendsgiving, make it the best one yet. Now is the time to celebrate your friends, and show them how thankful you are for helping you get through the school year. College is tough, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get to spend some holiday time with your friends.

Julia is a national writer at Her Campus, where she mainly covers mental health, wellness, and all things relating to Gen Z. Prior to becoming a national writer, Julia was the wellness intern for Her Campus. Outside of Her Campus, Julia is a managing editor at The Temple News, Temple University's independent student-run paper. She's also the Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Temple University, where she oversees content for all sections of the website. Julia is also a student intern at the Logan Center for Urban Investigative Reporting, where she works on the data desk and is assisting her editor in building a database. She has previously interned at The American Prospect. In her free time, Julia enjoys going to the beach as much as possible, watching reality TV (specifically Real Housewives and Vanderpump Rules), and editing stories.