This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

In the blink of an eye, a pandemic came underway and flipped our lives upside-down! Many of us had to move back home and transition to online classes, while having to stay home until further notice. As the days drag on while being quarantined, it is likely you will find times where you are just bored out of your mind as you live in this new routine. Even though this situation may not be ideal, there are so many ways you can still find entertainment while quarantining to protect yourself and others! Here are five ways you can have fun while being socially distant!

Streaming Marathons

During this time, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime are going to be your best friends. Whether you want to start a new series or movie, or rewatch one of your favorites, this is a great way to pass the time! I am currently rewatching “Stranger Things” on Netflix for nostalgia and reminiscing on how young the cast used to be! Start making a must-watch list because this will come in handy nowadays.

Listen to New Music

I know that music can make all the difference when I am at home, and with new albums being released, this makes my quarantine a lot more enjoyable! Whether I am studying or in need of new songs to add to my playlist, new albums are always a plus, and lucky for us, a few of our favorite artists have released new albums to bless our ears. Some of my favorite new albums right now are “After Hours” by The Weeknd, “3.15.20” by Childish Gambino and “Eternal Atake” by Lil Uzi Vert. I definitely recommend giving these albums a listen to find some new favorites to add to your playlists!

Watch some TikToks

TikTok just has to be one of the most addictive apps ever! You start by watching a few just for fun and, suddenly, you are hours deep in videos. TikTok is a great app to watch different content and pass the time. Whether you are in need of a laugh or want to learn a new TikTok dance, this app is just what we need during this quarantine. 

Online Order Food

In the midst of all this craziness, many businesses have converted to doing curbside pick-ups and delivery for food. To make getting your favorite foods a little bit easier, a few have even made delivery free of charge! Some free delivery places on my list are Chipotle, The Cheesecake Factory, and Subway! If you don’t want to keep eating all of the non-perishable foods your mom stocked up on, consider ordering your next meal!

Virtual Game Nights

While you may not be able to see some of your besties or beau until this all blows over, consider playing some games on your phone to stay occupied! Yes, GamePigeon, this is your time to shine. I have found myself sending 8 Ball and Cup Pong game requests to my friends when I find myself getting bored. This is another fun option available right at the tips of your fingers!

While having to stay home until further notice may not be the most exciting thing right now, it is important that we do this to keep ourselves and others healthy.

This situation is certainly not permanent, and we have to make the best of our current situation as tedious as it may get. By playing our part in social distancing, we are causing positive change in the effects of this pandemic. In the midst of this all, it is still certainly possible to have fun and make the most of our new reality! Stay strong and be safe, owls!

Kayla is currently a Communication Studies major at Temple University who enjoys writing to spread awareness and positivity.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.