This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Up-and-coming British girl band Little Mix has some serious fashion and beauty sense. Keeping tabs on the Little Mix ladies (Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Jade Thirlwall and Leigh-Anne Pinnock) has taught me a few things about updating my own style.

1. Don’t be afraid to change up your hair color. It makes you stand out and keeps you from getting bored of your look. Just make sure you use deep conditioner so you don’t fry your vibrant new locks!

2.  Wear an outfit full of patterns. Mix up different patterns and prints with some simple accessories to keep it balanced.

3. Long sleeved crop tops can add more edge to a look.

5. Believe it or not, you can still look fabulous in sweatpants.

6.  You can make camo cool again. Just add your own funky pieces to it and don’t go too overboard with the military look.

7. Mix fierce purple lipstick with a black-and-white outfit for an unexpected look.

8. Your pants don’t always have to be skintight! Embrace the loose high-waisted trouser. It’s a great way to show that you are ahead of the fashion game.

9. Pantsuits are beyond cool. Especially when they’re in fun prints, so it’s not too stodgy or plain.

Of course, these girls don’t just have great style – their music is also fabulous “girl power” pop. Check out Little Mix’s awesome style in their video “Move!”

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.