How to Amplify Your Style During a Quarantine Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Whether you are spending holidays alone this year or with a few members of your family, you don’t have to let the pandemic decide your wardrobe! While some may be in favor of wearing pjs all day, you can still dress your best while being comfortable and confident in your look! This article is to help those who find it difficult to balance dressing cute and comfortable during the spring season without turning towards the pajama drawers.

Go through your closet.

Vintage has made a very big comeback in recent years, and this could be an affordable yet unique look for you. Pairing a white button-down under any crewneck gives a more put together look and is very comfortable! You can also upgrade some old items by adding statement pieces of jewelry or layering with cardigans and jean jackets. Or if anything, try working with some pieces in your wardrobe you’ve never worn before. This Thanksgiving season is the best time to try different styles and pieces you may not necessarily be used to or comfortable with, because you won’t be in front of a large number of people!

Sweats are okay.

Sweats are okay! Sweatsuits have been a must-have in anyone’s wardrobe this year, since most of us are at home the majority of our day. Sweats are very easy to upgrade by adding a blazer or a nice jacket, which will take the look from a 6 to a 10. You can also try different monochrome sweatsuits and different styles such as jogger pants, baggy pants and a crop crewneck or a regular one. Also, jewelry can make a big impact on how the outfit looks all together. Big hoop earrings and chain necklaces have been a very popular accessory to be paired with sweatsuits. While this look is on the more casual side, it’s your confidence that will really make the look work and 10x better!

Dresses are so comfortable.

What’s more comfortable than not having to wear pants all day? Dresses are such an easy way to look extremely put together with minimum effort. For those living in colder climates, dresses may be looked at as something too cold, but that is not a problem. Layering dresses is one of my favorite things to do. Adding cool jackets over top or layering different tops underneath can really elevate your look! I personally love the look of a white or black turtleneck under a dress with thin straps. Also, there are such cool stockings out on the market such as ones with gems or sparkles that could really keep you warm and cute!

Dramatic makeup.

Makeup can make all the difference! Picking out an outfit is just one part of making a look work, but your makeup could be the key factor in taking your look to the next level. This Thanksgiving is the best time to start trying different styles of makeup! Also, if you are on a video call, most of the time people will be focusing on your makeup/face more than your outfit, so this could be a crucial part of your look. Try playing with some bright colors under your eyes for a pop but nothing too dramatic. Or if you want something with a little bit more drama, try a cut crease or a dark lip. This year is all about testing your abilities and trying something new, so why not test out some new makeup skills while you have the time?

While this year has taken a turn for the worst, you don’t have to feel your worst this Thanksgiving. Whether you’re spending it with family, friends or even by yourself, dressing up could bring some normalcy and confidence back into your life. Even though I have only given a few tips and tricks to amplify your style during this season, it’s really up to what makes you the most confident and comfortable. That’s what is going to make your look a solid 10/10 for the holidays!

I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!