HCTU Approved: Holiday Scents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The holiday season is here and with it comes the comforting scents that bring you back to your childhood. We’re talking about Christmas cookies, warm apple cider, and anything pumpkin spice. Don’t get us wrong, these scents are great. But there’s a whole other world of scents out there to make you feel all warm inside, and we’ve rounded them up for you!

Philosophy is a brand that excels in all things scented. Their body wash scents include ‘Christmas Cookie’, ‘Cinnamon Bun’, ‘Peppermint Stick’, and many more delicious treat-scented luxuries. These decadent products can be a bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way. They can be used as a shampoo, a bubble bath, or a shower gel. You can snag these luscious goods from Sephora, Ulta, or online. They tend to sell out a little faster during the holidays so what are you waiting for?!

Now onto the lips. Burts Bee’s has come out with a new pumpkin spice chapstick this year. Now you can keep those lips kissable and tasting good in your favorite scent! It’s a win/win here folks. Another fun flavor for those smackers of yours is EOS’s ‘Vanilla Mint’, which not only tastes delicious but smells enchanting too. Of course you can’t forget Chapstick, as they always have a huge variety of holiday favorites. Their formula works wonders on extremely damaged and dry lips. These products are the little treats that keep on giving, so they’re great little stocking stuffers too.

Finally, who can forget candles during the cold winter months? Bath and Body Works have some of the most unique scents you’ve only thought about in your hot chocolate induced, snow-fairy filled slumbers.  An HC favorite is ‘Sparkling Icicles’. Don’t let the name fool you! It smells like a clean man’s cologne: simple, relaxing, and delicious. They also distribute ‘Evergreen’ for those who enjoy woodsy scents as well as ‘Toasted Marshmallow Fireside’ for those that like their candles sugary sweet.

Get your holiday-scent fix before it’s too late! Plus, you can always start stocking up for next year…

I'm a senior journalism student at Temple University and I want my voice and the voices of others to be heard.
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.