Harry Styles is Coming to Philadelphia on His First Solo Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

On Friday morning, Harry Styles took to Twitter to announce a worldwide tour that will begin in mid-September. Among the 13 North American dates, one of them will be in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania (located in West Philadelphia) on Thursday, October 5, at the Tower Theater.

Although Harry Styles is used to performing in large stadiums with One Direction, such as Philadelphia’s Lincoln Financial Field, his upcoming performance at the Tower Theater will be more intimate, with its capacity being around 3,000 people, compared to the Linc’s 60,000 + capacity.

To make sure you’re one of the lucky few to see Harry on tour, visit his official website, where you can register through Ticketmaster to receive an early access code to purchase tickets hours before general tickets go on sale on Friday, May 5th, at 10 am.

The tour, titled Harry Styles Live on Tour, marks the 23-year-old singer’s first as a solo performer. Along with the United States and Canada, Harry will also be performing in various other countries, such as France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Sweden, the Netherlands, Italy, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. The tour will begin on September 19, in San Francisco, California, and will conclude on December 8, in Tokyo, Japan.

Since One Direction’s hiatus began in late 2015, Harry Styles has remained relatively silent on social media, compared to his other bandmates. However, when Harry began posting cryptic images on Instagram last month, fans speculated that he would be releasing new music. Their suspicions turned out to be true when he released his first debut single, “Sign of the Times,” on April 7th. Since then, Harry has been busy promoting his upcoming self-titled debut album with television performances on Saturday Night Live and The Graham Norton Show.

On the same day that the singer announced his worldwide tour, it was also announced that he would be performing on TODAY’s Summer City Concert Series in New York City on Tuesday, May 9th at Rockefeller Plaza. Although viewing is on a first-come, first-served basis, fans can request passes for early access to the show by clicking here.

We know what you’re thinking…this is all too much right? As the semester comes to an end and finals are right around the corner, we can add getting tickets to see Harry in Philly to our list of things to stress out about. Since his show in Philly is one of the most highly anticipated stops on his tour, we can only say, “May the odds be ever in your favor.”

My name is Michele Mendez and I am a student at Temple University studying Media Studies and Production. I like to write about all things pop culture, but I especially love covering music. Have a story idea? Contact me: tug15970@temple.edu
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.