This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Songs to put anyone in the fall mood!

It is finally getting cooler out and everyone is talking about their Halloween plans. Every occasion needs a bopping playlist to keep everyone energized. Here are my top songs for a fall/Halloween playlist. The Halloween songs and fall songs are separated into two groups with the Halloween songs first. I personally love having all the songs in one playlist and love the change in mood between some of the songs. 

There are some classics in the Halloween songs like “Monster Mash” and “Thriller”. I have had a tradition of listening to Monster Mash at least once every Halloween since elementary school. It was played over the loudspeaker in the morning every Halloween. Some of the songs are from Disney Channel Original Movies such as “Calling All The Monsters” and “Fearless”. I put some “A Nightmare Before Christmas” songs because they are a must! 

I also enlisted the help of some friends to give song suggestions for this Autumn vibe and every song that was suggested made it into the playlist! 

1. “Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett, The Crypt-Kickers
  2. “This Is Halloween” by The Citizens of Halloween
  3. “Thriller” by Michael Jackson
  4. “The Addams Family” by TV Themes
  5. “Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr. 
  6. “I’m In Love With a Monster” by FIfth Harmony
  7. “Calling All The Monsters” by China Anne McClain
  8. Oogie Boogie’s Song by Danny Elfman
  9. “Had me @ Hello” by Olivia Holt
  10. “Fearless” by Olivia Holt
  11. “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now” by Olivia Holt
  12. “The Purple People Eater” by Sheb Wooley
  13. “Dead Man’s Party” by Oingo Boingo
  14. “She Wolf” by Shakira 
  15. “Say My Name” by Alex Brightman and the Cast of Beetlejuice
  16. “Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood
  17. :Wake Me Up When September Ends” by Green Day
  18. “Cough Syrup” by Young The Giant
  19. “We Fell In Love In October” by Girl In Red
  20. “Autumn Leaves” by Ed Sheeran
  21. “Midnight Love” by Girl In Red
  22. “Astronomy” by Conan Grey
  23. “Cardigan” by Taylor Swift
  24. “The A Team” by Ed Sheeran
  25. “Riptide” by Vance Joy
  26. “The Scientist” by Coldplay
  27. “You Said You’d Grow Old With Me” by Michael Schulte
  28. “Ocean Eyes” by Billie Eilish 
  29. “Devil Went Down To Georgia” by The Charlie Daniels Band
Katy Schiela

Temple '23

I am a Biology major with a Public Health Minor on the premed track. I love music and have some on almost 24/7. I am an animal lover, especially dogs and cats. I have two family dogs and I have an axolotl.