A Guide To The Historic Halloween Weekend at Temple University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
This weekend is a big one for not only Temple University, but also the city of Philadelphia. It has been the talk of the town that Temple University boasts the best team in Philadelphia, with an undefeated football team currently ranked number 21 in the nation.  For the first time in school history, Temple University has been selected to host College GameDay for the upcoming football game against Notre Dame on Halloween. The national attention has brought a buzz to campus, and a lot of exciting things are happening on and off campus this weekend. Here is a complete guide to what to check out on this historic weekend at Temple.

1. 97.5 The Fanatic live broadcast from Temple’s Student Center

The festivities are kicking off early Friday morning! Starting at 6 a.m. and ending at 10 a.m., the 97.5 Morning Show will be live from Temple’s Student Center. Host Anthony Gargano and his team will be previewing the game and bringing in a variety of guests in preparation for the huge match up. This live broadcast is a great way to get excited for the game, and a chance to see legendary sports talk hosts live.

2. Sunrise Pep Rally with ESPN SportCenter Live! 

SportsCenter host and Temple alumni Kevin Neghandi will be on campus bright and early on Saturday starting at 6:30 a.m. for a pep rally hosted by the Temple University Alumni Association. During the event, Kevin will be doing live cutaways for ESPN’s flagship program SportsCenter. It’s a great opportunity to celebrate your school, and a chance to get on live television! Breakfast will be served, free Temple gear will be handed out, and raffles will take place for a chance to win prizes. This celebration is a great event to stop at before heading down to College GameDay.

3. ESPN’s College GameDay
This is the big media event of the weekend. College GameDay is ESPN’s weekly program that previews the college football games of the day. Every week, they select a college to broadcast their show at, which is the biggest game of the day. Starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, College GameDay will be live from Independence Mall in preparation for the Temple vs. Notre Dame match.  College GameDay is a major attraction for college football fans. Students and fans bring signs and hope for a chance to get on national TV. Come out in a costume or Temple gear!

4. Temple Owls vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

And here we have the main event, beginning at 8 p.m., which will also be streamed primetime on ABC. At this sold-out game, the two top teams will face each other in one of the nations biggest college football matchups at Lincoln Financial Field.  Although the Irish are favored to win the game, Temple’s tenacious defense on the national stage could prove enough to spark an upset. Perhaps the biggest game in Temple Football, Temple fans are witnessing history. All of the weekend events are leading up to this game. Make sure you’re down at the Linc by 8 p.m. to cheer on your Temple Owls!
Maddie McDonald is a Senior Media Studies and Production major at Temple University. Aside from being a staff writer at Her Campus Temple, Maddie is the PR/Community Director for WHIP Temple Student Radio. Maddie is pursuing a job in radio, but enjoys writing about current trends in media, specifically music and sports. In her free time Maddie enjoys playing basketball, tweeting, and perfecting her spotify playlists.  She is also a writing intern for Trebel Music.
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.