This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Riccardo Tisci created an intimate ambiance at his Givenchy show in Paris this season and the first row was up-close and personal in front of the luxuriously carpeted runway.

Needless to say, when viewing the seemingly effortless detail sprinkled throughout the garments, no one was complaining.

Tisci demonstrated his impeccable storytelling with extremely organized color distribution, beginning with light tans and dabbling a bit in chocolates and concluding with blacks. The collection seamlessly mixes whimsical animal prints along with a slew of carefully selected colors that truly tells the story of today’s modern, elegant woman.

The collection tipped off with a trio of beautiful sheer, neutral dresses covered in earthy prints, paired with matching belts and modest stockings.

Striding down the runway behind them was a trio of expertly structured black suits accented with mint, black and red. These empowering ensembles impeccably paralleled with the feminine dresses that preceded them, demonstrating Tisci’s passion for dressing modern women.

The remainder of the show included animal prints tied together with pleasing neutrals and exquisite fur-collared trench coats and embellishing purses.

Although all the pieces were beautifully tailored and effortlessly chic, one exceptional coat stole the show. The sleeves were a beautiful neutral fur, while the chest was covered with striking gold embellishments that led down to a deliciously posh below-the-knee fur in two-tone white and brown. The piece was effortlessly paired with coral heels and sheer black stockings.

The breathtaking show ended with an array of black floor length sheer pleated skirts paired with colorful tops.

The show was a fashion spectacular that kept its audience in awe of the beautifully innovative, yet classic pieces that flowed down the white carpet. Well done, Tisci.

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.