This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The first episode of The Flash’s new season aired on October 9th on the CW, and gave us the much-needed closure after a huge cliffhanger from last season.

For those who may not be completely caught up to season 5, The Flash left off with the return of Ralph after the Devoe debacle, the mysterious disappearance of Killer Frost, Cisco’s heartbreak over Gypsy, and the birth of Cecile and Joe’s baby girl, Jenna.

The end of the very last episode contained the most shocking bombshell of all: Barry and Iris’s child from the future, Nora.

Now that we’re caught up, let’s look at some of the major points of this season’s opening episode:

1. Nora is voicing the opening and closing scenes

The speech Barry would usually give to viewers at the beginning and end of episodes was replaced with Nora’s voice and her version of the narration. Does that mean her character will take over as the main character this season?

2. Nora needs Team Flash’s help getting back to the future

Her motives seemed a bit suspicious at first as to why would she help Barry with the satellite in the first place. Hopefully this doesn’t change the timeline at all, because she doesn’t seem to be too worried about the effects of her actions.

3. Cecil may not be losing her powers

Cecil hasn’t lost that mental connection with Jenna after all, thank goodness! Cecil’s powers strengthen the bond between them, but poor Joe won’t ever catch a break. First the pregnant, telepathic Cecil and now telepathic mommy Cecil.

4. Nora has a deep attachment to Barry

She’s like a kid meeting her idol for the first time, completely starstruck. With little focus on her mother, Nora followed Barry’s every move. Iris tried to match the bond Nora and Barry have on her own, but realized that Nora wasn’t interested in bonding with her.

5. Team Flash realizes that Nora has negative tachyons

Nora really is stuck in the past, due to the negative tachyons found in her blood. Cisco was quick to help by creating a positive tachyon enhancer. Nora doesn’t seem to be telling them everything though…

6. Nora reveals the true reason she ran back in time

Aha! Nora ran back in time to see Barry for the first time because he disappears in the future. Although her true intentions are finally revealed, it’s sad to see how painful the revelation is for Barry. Will he ever get his happy ending?

7. Barry, Wally and Nora join forces to stop Gridlock

This scene was the action and suspense fans were craving. In a last ditch effort, the three speedsters tried to phase an entire plane through the buildings below. Barry walked Nora through the steps of phasing, giving her the same speech Wells gave him.

8. Barry takes Nora under his wing

After finding out the truth, Barry decided to postpone sending Nora back to the future. He hesitated to tell everyone what he discovered, leaving the team in the dark. How will Iris take the news once she finds out that Barry isn’t around to raise Nora?

9. Caitlin’s father’s death certificate is fake

True to the nature of The Flash, this is the very last scene of the episode. Ralph digs up the document to show Caitlin her father isn’t dead, encouraging her to follow the lead. Her struggle with Killer Frost has taken a new, shocking turn.

The episode was just what fans wanted and a great way to kick off the season, totally schway. Filled with laughter, drama, action, and tension all rolled in one. Although our questions from last season were answered, this episode has created even more. Tune in Tuesdays, at 8/9 c to find out what happens next on The Flash.

Taylor Johnson is a staff writer for the Temple University Her Campus. She lives in Philadelphia, where she studies Journalism at Temple University.