Finals Week, As Told by the Cast of ‘Bridesmaids’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Ah, finals week. The week of sleep deprivation, coffee breath and sweatpants. Finals week is here and honestly you just want to make it out alive.

You call your mom for emotional support because you know you’re in over your head.

But really that only makes you feel worse because you know you should have studied more this semester.

So you meet up with your professor to discuss the exam, but then realize your professor expects you to have already began studying…

So you wrack your brain and ask anything and everything and just pray that there’s a curve.

Your professor emails the class reminding you that the exam is in fact cumulative.

Your friends suggest you hit the books, but you’re not quite yet ready for that commitment just yet.

Eventually, you head to the library to crack open that textbook but the words are not making any sense.

So you take a study break to stuff your face Jimmy John’s because hey, you deserve it.

Your friends see you suffering so they give you a much-needed pep talk.

You feel invigorated and head back over to the library to really study this time. 

You try to buy coffee, but then realize you are b-r-o-k-e from all the food you’ve bought this week.

Then your friend suggests maybe you take it easy on the caffeine. 

But you don’t want that kind of negativity in your life, so you try and focus on the positive.

It’s finally time for the exam and you walk in and hope for the best. 

You sit in your chair and trade looks of horror with your fellow classmates.

When it’s over, you can’t help but feel happy after because after all, you made it and it is officially summertime. 

Paulina is the former Arts & Entertainment Editor at Her Campus Temple University. She is a senior Journalism major and Sociology minor, who plans to pursuse a career in magazines after graduation. She enjoys anything relating to current events, pop culture and inspirational quotes. She can most likely be found watching Netflix, taking Buzzfeed quizzes or trying out new restaurants in Philadelphia. You can follow Paulina on Twitter & Instagram @paulinajayne15
Lindsey is a senior magazine journalism major at Temple University. After she graduates in May she hopes to return to NYC, which she fell in love with this summer during her ASME internship at Real Simple magazine.