Style > Beauty

Fenty Beauty Continues to Dominate Beauty Industry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Rihanna has quickly become a makeup mogul with her heavily acclaimed brand, Fenty Beauty.

When the brand first entered the makeup industry in 2017, the Profilt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation became a widespread success. The launch was celebrated for having 40 different shades of foundation, a groundbreaking number that includes every person and their unique skin tone. With the success of Fenty Beauty, consumers have made it clear that there is an ever-growing need for more diversity in the makeup industry.

In an interview with Refinery 29, Rihanna revealed her mission for Fenty Beauty: “There needs to be something for a dark-skinned girl; there needs to be something for a really pale girl; there needs to be something in-between. There’s red undertones, green undertones, blue undertones, pink undertones, yellow undertones — you never know, so you want people to appreciate the product and not feel like: ‘Oh that’s cute, but it only looks good on her.’

Since their launch in 2017, Fenty has released several products such as highlighters, blushes, concealers, and setting powders. All of these products have a wide range of shades, making each product suitable for every person on the skin tone spectrum. Apart from makeup, Fenty has also set themselves apart by creating body highlighting products and will soon unveil a skincare line as well. Fenty has continued to produce products that are incredibly made and remain true to the brand’s message of inclusivity.

Fenty Beauty’s latest product has recently hit the market and has already become a hit among many. The Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer is your next go-to makeup product for this summer.

Available in eight diverse shades, the bronzer will have you looking like you just got back from vacation even if you just sat at home all day. Not only can you contour with the bronzer, but it also has mango and papaya extracts that nourish your skin and adds a healthy glow.

In an industry that is notorious for having a severely limited shade range that mainly caters to lighter skin tones, Fenty continues to serve as a revolutionary brand that reminds us of the importance of diversity in the makeup industry.

Visit Fenty’s website to find their new bronzers and many more staple products!

Advertising major, lover of all things fashion, beauty, and music!