Featured Fashion Blogger of the Week: Emily Tharp

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
Meet this week’s featured lifestyle blogger: Emily Tharpe.

Emily is the founder and content creator of HerPhilly.com, which is a hip lifestyle blog for the twenty-

something Philadelphia woman. When the New Jersey native moved to Philly in 

2011, she searched high and low for this same type of resource, but her 

searches proved to be unsuccessful. 

“After a year and a half of telling my friends and family about all of the cool things 

I had done and seen, I decided to start sharing my adventures with a whole new 

network,” said Emily. 

Therefore came HerPhilly.com. She went ahead and created her own blog, which 

aims to share the hottest eateries, trendiest boutiques, and upcoming events with 

young city-living women like herself. Emily and her blog have been featured on a 

number of outlets including CBS Philly and The Huffington Post.

Anyone looking to get better acquainted with the hidden gems in this city should 

check out this blog. Emily’s posts include her favorite fall date ideas, favorite 

pizza shops, apartment hunting pointers and where to get the best pedicure- all 

in Philadelphia. Emily blogs about fun events going on in the city. 

Her Philly offers lists with topics ranging from holiday gift guides to the cutest 

planners and agenda books to provide subscribers with easier shopping.

The best part about Her Philly? Emily’s “chit-chat” section, of course. Chit-chat 

gives subscribers a closer look into Emily’s life like what she does in her spare 

time, talks about body image, being single, and much more. 

Give her blog a try and stay in-the-know about all things Philly. Emily loves to 

hear from her subscribers! Make sure to follow her on Twitter or Instagram her 

handle is @HerPhilly. Also, don’t hesitate to shoot her an email if you have any 

questions or suggestions at herphilly@gmail.com.
I am a 19-year-old Broadcast Journalism/ Public Relations major at Temple University. I have dreams of reporting entertainment news in Spanish one day. I love Trey Songz!
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.