This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We’re all loving that beautiful fall weather outside, but not what it’s doing to our skin. If you’ve ever wondered how to add all of that moisture back into your skin, then this one’s for you. Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks to get rid of those disgusting dry spots:

Wash that face!

First things first, you HAVE to wash your face. Not only will it exfoliate all of those dead skin cells off of your face, but it will prevent your skin from breaking out. My favorite face wash that I’ve been using for years is Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser. It is so light on the skin and it doesn’t have any scent so it’s a lot healthier for your skin. It also removes makeup which is a HUGE plus! 

Tone it up!

I’ve heard about toner for years, but I didn’t decide to pick it up until a couple of months ago. All I can say is BOY HAVE I BEEN MISSING OUT! My skin cleared up tremendously after I introduced Witch Hazel into my daily routine. Now, I can’t imagine life without it.

HYDRATE!

Hydration is key in the colder months and I love to use serums to help bring moisture and hydration back into my skin. My favorite one is from a brand called Pacifica. Not only does it smell amazing, but it feels so nice on my skin.

Pack on the moisturizer!

The last thing that I do is add on some moisturizer! It keeps my skin feeling super smooth and it replenishes all of that dry skin that was just removed from my face. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream is perfect. If you love the feeling of a thick, but at the same time lightweight, cream, I highly suggest this one.

The fall is by far my favorite time of year — everyone knows it’s the best season to take some time for yourself and experiment with self-care. If you struggle with dry skin, like myself, try out these tips and tricks and be sure to let me know how they work out for you! 

Lindsey Danasko is a sophomore Public Relations major and Communication Studies minor at Temple University. She loves coffee, blogging, and cuddling with her dog and kitties! You can follow her on instagram @lindsey.danasko
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.