This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The natural hair movement is a movement that encourages women of color to embrace their natural hair texture. There has been a lot of debate about the actual definition of what it means to be a natural haired beauty. Hair extensions are a hot button in the natural hair community because many women believe that wearing hair extensions undermines the initial meaning of the movement.

The beauty of the natural hair movement is acceptance. There is plenty of space for ladies that wear hair extensions to jazz up their hair. Luckily, the hair extension industry has grown tremendously and there are tons of hair extension companies that produce hair extensions that cater to natural haired mavens.

Curly Girl Clips-ins

ONYC is a well known online hair extension company founded by Thelma Okoro in 2007. The goal of ONYC is to appeal all women. There is a wide variety of extensions for women with different curl patterns. The beauty of the hair extensions is that they blend perfectly with natural hair and are undetectable.The ONYC clip-ins cost $99 and provide a great deal of versatility for styling. The clip-ins can also be taken out when you are tired of wearing them. Popular usage for the extensions are styles called, “The twist out” and “The braid out.” These are styles that consist of braiding the hair or twisting it to make your hair wavy.

Wefted Diva

If you are a natural hair queen that is looking for something for longevity Private Hair Stock is another great natural hair company founded by Angela Maloney. The hair wefts appeal to women with different textures and the consumer has the option to have the wefts sewn into the hair. The brightside of sewing in the hair wefts is that styling is minimal. The “wash-n-go” is a style that requires little to no styling. The name speaks for itself because you literally wash the hair extensions and go on with your day. These extensions range from $84 and up.

Crochet It Up Girl

Crochet hair styles are the rage these days among natural hair queens because it’s just as versatile as clip-ins and hair wefts, but the style is much more protective. Curlkalon is fairly new because it was founded in 2015 by Shavone Riggins and Tiffini Gatlin. Prices range from $13.99-$19.99 which is great to save a few extra coins in your purse. Crochet styles can be treated like your own hair and there is an abundance of styles to try out such as the a voluminous colored afro.

I am a student at Temple University and I aspire to be a Journalist. My passion in life is writing because I have the ability to express myself creatively through words. I enjoy writing poetry and I especially enjoy being a staff writer for the Fashion and Beauty section for Her Campus Temple! My missions in life are to be an inspiration to young girls, help others, and encourage young women and girls to feel beautiful!
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.