This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Are you wondering about why everyone is suddenly pouring pounds of glitter on their faces? Are you asking yourself why everyone wants to date Zendaya now (because, TBH, she’s been a queen since the beginning)? Well look no further than the new hit HBO show, Euphoria, starring none other than Queen Zendaya herself.

Be warned: there are spoilers in this review, so if you haven’t watched the show yet, be prepared to spend the next eight hours binge watching.

Euphoria stars Zendaya as Rue, a fresh-out-of-rehab drug addict navigating through her junior year of high school. During the summer before school starts, Rue meets Jules, the new girl in town, and their connection is instant. The show follows Rue and a whole cast of characters depicting the lives of Gen Z and the trials of being a teenager with all the drugs, sex and raunchy things. 

With the subject matter of the show still being directed at teens, it doesn’t glorify or intentionally dramatize the teenage experience. And yes, that was shade at 13 Reasons Why and Riverdale (sue me). The show also follows an amazing ensemble cast of newcomers like Hunter Schafer (Jules), Jacob Elordi (Nate) and Alexa Demie (Maddy, the one with all the looks). The show gives each character their own episode to show their growth from start to finish (well some characters — looking at you Nate).  Don’t even get me started on the cinematography and the use of color on the show. And the soundtrack is just immaculate. 

Euphoria is a roller coaster from start to finish, and it’s worth all the ups and downs. The show may only have eight episodes, but the finale makes up for it. Watching Rue’s journey from getting clean to her supposed relapse has left everyone visibly shook. And the wait for the second season has already driven fans to theories about Rue’s fate at the end of the series. 

Euphoria was an amazing show and season two is set to return in 2021, so in the meantime, keep those theories going and give Miss Zendaya her Emmy.   

Hellooo! I'm Sydnee a senior at Temple University studying advertising. I watch way too much t.v. and eat tons of pizza. When I'm not sitting in my room (which is often) you can catch me at Jamba Juice laughing at some random meme I found on Pinterest.
When Rachel isn't obsessively drinking iced coffee by the gallon or binge watching true crime videos on YouTube, you can probably find her writing about her failed love life. She is currently a  junior (*she's ancient*) journalism major at Temple University, and is a Her Campus Temple Campus Correspondent, a Temple Student Government Social Media Manager and a 2020 Owl Team Student Coordinator.