End of the Semester Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

April showers bring… exams. And exams bring excessive Advil popping, crying, and late night study seshes in the tech.

And since things can get pretty hectic those last couple of weeks of the spring semester, remember to take advantage of what I like to call “the end of your 30 day free trial.” What do I mean by that, you ask? Well, easy. Make those days count.

1. Raise that GPA, girl.

First and foremost, remember that you’re in college to learn (I know… sometimes it may not seem that way.)  Don’t watch another episode of Girls no matter how tempting. Stop yourself scrolling down Twitter. Go to the review even if attendance isn’t mandatory. It’s crunchtime, ladies. Pre-Law degree Elle Woods is all I wanna see from here on out.

2. … but do give yourself some room to breathe

And by room I mean spaces that have trees. Actual trees. Take a break from studying and hit up Rittenhouse. Take that yoga class you’ve been promising yourself you’d get to all semester. Finish that book that has been sitting at the end of your bedside table that you haven’t picked up since Econ 1101.

3. Just ask him to hang out already

You’ve been saying you would, but somehow you just never pressed send on that message your friends peer pressed you to type out. They’re right. He lives, like, a block away – that is, while the semester still lasts. It’s so easy and he’s clearly into you. Plus, you wouldn’t mind if it was the prereq to a serious summer fling, would you?

4.  El Camino, anyone?

After eating at the same three food trucks all semester, things can feel and taste a little tired. Yes, you deserve a marg in Center City for finishing up that final paper. Yes, brunch does taste better when it’s 75 degrees and your waiter just happens to be equally as hot. You’ll be working all summer, so this outing is basically free? Right. Hahaha. No seriously, right?

5. Go to a Phillies Game

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know it’s Philadelphia’s year in sports. Watch some ball at the Citizens bank park – tickets are cheap and you look good in red lipstick.

6. Hit up a Museum          

The Institute of Contemporary Art has one of the most relatable exhibits thus far. The latest is by Cary Leibowitz and features bright, colorful and profane works. “Don’t hate me because I’m mediocre,” one reads, while another shouts, “You played me!”

Honestly? My actual inner monologue every day.

7. Did I hear daylong?

Finally. No more crowded, sweaty apartments. No more weather-confused outfits because it’s thirty-five degrees outside (and a balmy eighty as soon as you step into Chad’s 21st birthday pregame). Spring semester is notorious for daylong parties so, next Saturday, put on those aviators and get ready to day drink.

8. Enjoy your time

Whether it’s the last time you drunkenly and obnoxiously post stories on Snapchat and get a slide for being a typical  “freshman” or the last few weeks before you walk on stage for graduation, savor these moments. No matter how cringey you screaming into the speaker sounds the next day after a night out, shout.

Morgan Sullivan is a second year communications major at Temple University. She enjoys giving life advice, working out at the gym, and food that is birthday cake flavored. She is the editor of the opinion section at HCTU and hopes you like what she has to say.