Dolce and Gabbana Does it All in Milan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Dolce and Gabbana took on a whole new level of ready-to-wear on September 21, presenting over 80 looks on the Italian runway.

You would think with such a large palette the designers would lose a central vision in their show, but somehow Domenico and Stefano took their outrageous amount of ensembles and intertwined them into a beautiful, coercive story.

Beginning the show with looks stimulated by the classic Italian woman the designers introduced their audience to the recurring palette of their show which was centered around lavish rose and cathedral inspired prints. The garments were primarily black and blood red with accents of green and gold.

The designers immediately presented that this collection was going to be all about the details. There was roping lining the crop tops, jackets, and pencil skirts as well incredibly chic and delicate lace features sprinkled throughout the show on dresses all the way down to stockings. The bags were small yet intricately detailed and every piece had its own charisma while seamlessly blending into the rest of the collection.

Domenico and Stefano brought the show up to the 21st Century by adding in stunning embellished jeans with lacey crop tops. They unpredictably featured multiple shawls bearing the collection’s recurring pattern of roses as well as large, lush tassels hanging off the ends that swayed romantically while the models strutted down the runway in their intricately embellished heels.

Dolce and Gabbana’s passionate ready-to-wear seamlessly weaved nearly every aspect of the modern women’s wardrobe into a beautifully delicious collection of sex and decadence while maintaining the classic look of its home country.

The finale delightfully complimented the show with an army of D&G models marching out with the designers, clad in white shirts and bright red shorts.

Images by style.com

Savannah is a graduate of Temple University, now pursuing her lifelong dream of living in NYC. She enjoys perusing second-hand books stores, staring at the work of Egon Schiele, and listening to Keith Richards shred his electric guitar.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.